Thread: Honda 300 Fourtrax

Honda 300 Fourtrax

Anybody know of a good website for ATVs? How rebuildable is a little Honda motor?

Re: Honda 300 Fourtrax

Honda builds some of the best 2 and 4 cycle engines in the world. Are the atv's they build the best? I don't know.
    Gettin Back To My Country Roots

I owned a Yamaha 250 4X4 Timberwolf it was rarely rode. In the shop often for carb problems because I never rode it.
    I know a pile of Honda's that get rode 1-2 times a year and they work and work and have the past 7-8 years with zero work done on them.
    If I was to get a ATV it would be a Honda, new or used.
    Bo McCarty, Realtor

Sounds like the Honda Fourtrax is a good machine. I have heard several people comment about how the Hondas start and run.

I was looking at a used machine,and think it is a good deal but think I may hold out for a Kawasaki mule. The base model mule isn't a lot more than a new four wheeler. The mule won't be as much fun to ride but will probably be more practical for us.

Gary

I don't know about rebuilding the engine, but I've used my Honda Rancher for 5 years around the farm for accessing the far corners, hauling stuff in a trailer, and even dragging roads with a York rake; I've never had a need for anything except routine service. It's gone 1300 miles in almost 400 hours use. Best workhorse I ever bought.
    <font color="blue">If you want to do what you want to do, then you have to do what you have to do. </font>