Thread: point-of-use acid neutralizer? (shaving woes)

point-of-use acid neutralizer? (shaving woes)

Hi,
    As you can see, I'm new to the forum. I've been looking for a point-of-use acid neutralizer (the kind that permanently installs under the counter). So far, all I've been able to find are the expensive whole-house models.

We're blessed with a good well and great water. We've been in our new home four years and the tanks on our toilets are still crystal clean! The hardness is around 50 ppm and ph is just about neutral at 6.9.

So why am I looking for an acid neutralizer? If you're really interested, read on...

My skin is very sensitive and therefore shaving is no fun. Over the years, it always seems like I have less problems shaving when I travel. Last month, I was away for a week and this time I noticed a very obvious difference -- absolutely no razor burn. It was almost like the water itself was a perfect lubricant. So I contacted the local water authority and asked for their "finish water" readings. The hardness was similar to mine, but the Ph was much higher, around 9.0. Apparently, this is fairly typical for city water.

So I figure I can make my life easier by installing an acid neutralizer on the hot water line underneath my vanity. A small point-of-use cartridge would not only be less expensive to purchase, but maintenance costs would be trivial.

If anyone knows where to find one of these (manufacturer's name or internet site), I'd be most grateful.

DB

Re: point-of-use acid neutralizer? (shaving woes)

Increase the ph some more and you won't need blades!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: point-of-use acid neutralizer? (shaving woes)

[img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] !!!