I remember your post about the long-term assignment, and I am hoping that I can always teach short stints for that very reason. I suppose I COULD develop lessons over a long time, but it is a lot of work. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] This three-day teaching gig will be my first actual PAYCHECK since 1976. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] It's going to seem strange to get paid like that instead of as a company. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I copied a sheet that shows all of the teachers and what subjects they teach so I can let the sub coordinator know which subjects I don't want to teach, like foods or music, or art. Gimme Geometry, Anatomy, Physics, and Calculus instead. Actually, most subs don't want the solids because as was mentioned, they don't know anything about the material. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] This particular school district got tired of having subs read the newspaper because they weren't qualified people so they raised the daily pay rate to attract actual teachers or those who have a lot of education, so those teaching opportunities won't be wasted. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]