Thread: high tensile fencing?

high tensile fencing?

i have an area of fencing where there is an underground phone line directly inline with where i was going to set wood posts and was wondering if i could use t posts? its about 100yards. everything else is wood post and it's a staright shot.

Re: high tensile fencing?

100 yards? I have high-tensile fencing and have wood posts every 100' with T-Posts every 20 feet in between.

Why not just set the posts over a couple inches to miss the phone line?
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

T posts won't do the underground phone line any good if the post hits it.

Best to avoid putting the fence along that line, or contact the phone company and request they move it to a new location (not sure that is possible, but they might accomodate you or tell you what you can do about it).

they marked it a while ago and I'm unsure about how accurate they are. It's the main phone line ran by the road. My luck I'd hit it. I wasn't sure if u could use t post with high tensile. thanks

If the phone company marked it you have to give 18" on either side of the line. As long as you are 18" or over where they marked it if you hit it they are responsible for fixing it.

if it's very close be prepared for problems associated with induction currents on the phone line. The snap snap sound you may hear. I had one devil of a time last spring with our dial-up computer getting all messed up whenever the fencer was on. added about 5 more ground rods, got it down to a minimal frustration, finally just unhooked the section by the phone line and hoped the sheep would stay trained with the rest of the fence.