Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: horse lovers

Re: horse lovers

Half quarter and arabian is what our new boy is too!
    [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    He's chestnut w/ a star.
    Thank you for sharing your w/ me. This is so cool.
    its 5 o'clock somewhere

Jim, based on the pictures it sure looks like you have a great place to ride. Do you do mostly trail riding or do you also do endurance rides?

Mark

Here is a picture of my wife and her good horse Cliff as they are walking in to start a pattern in one of her competitions this last summer. http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/s...cat/569/page/1

Mike, Spud is a great name.....if its ok with you, I may have to borrow that. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I am just a trail rider although both of our horses could go all day. I am surrounded by thousands of of acres of state land and a fair amount of BLM land. As of now I can ride farther than I ever would want to. Most of the land is leased to ranchers for grazing. Technically I am not supposed to be on it unless I am hunting or have a special permit. I have never heard of anyone ever being ask for their permit. I know or at least have met all of the ranchers and most of them do not care as long as you respect their fences and such. My wife used to do a lot of fox hunting when we lived where there were organized hunts She also did a fair amount of competion in the hunter jumper classes. She had to sell here hunter when we went to Germany for a few years and has never got back into it plus is not much of that kind of competion here in southrn Arizona.

You sure are fortunate to be able to ride in country like that. It's nice to be able to take a horse through open country and just explore.
    Mark

Home made treat recipe attached

Congratulations on your dream coming true. The same recently happened for me. My husband and I bought two three-year-old quarter horses. I'm 45, and have been waiting over 30 years to have my own horse. It's even better than I imagined! We spend several hours each day with them, and it has been such a joy. I hope you can add another horse soon, though. I know our boys would be lost without each other. Even though it's only the two of them, to them it's a herd. I have a recipe for home-made horse cookies that I'm attaching. Our boys really love these things. Enjoy!

Oops - I\'ll try that attachment again

As you can see by my name, I'm kind of new at this. Will try to attach that recipe again.

Re: Horse Lovers

<font color="blue">( As you can see by my name, I'm kind of new at this. ) </font color>

Attachments are usually used for photos -- but for text, you could just place that into your message. Just cut and paste it, like so:

Horse Cookies

1-1/2 Cups Wheat Bran
    1 Cup Barley
    4 Cups Regular Oatmeal (not the quick cook kind)
    1 Cup Bulgar Wheat
    1 Cup Cornmeal
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/3 Cup Honey
    1 Cup Molasses
    2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
    1 Large Carrot, coarsely grated
    1-1/2 Cups Hot Water
    1 Egg White

Mix wheat bran, barley, oats, bulgar wheat, cornmeal, and salt together in large bowl. Add honey, molasses, brown sugar, grated carrot, and hot water. Mix well. Cover, and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Mix in egg white. Mixture should stick together.

Drop by approximate Tablespoons onto an ungreased, non-stick cookie sheet. These will not spread, so you can get a lot of them on one pan. Flatten with a glass bottom. Bake at 275 for 30 minutes, then turn each over, and bake an additional 45 minutes. Cool on rack - they get harder as they cool. Store in an air-tight container. Use within three weeks, or put in freezer, where they'll keep for a very long time.

If you don't have honey, substitute corn syrup or maple syrup.

Makes 80-100 cookies.

:: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

That was awesome picture! Did you guys take that yourselves or a photographer? Wow, that is a great pic.
    its 5 o'clock somewhere

Re: Home made treat recipe attached

Printed that up! Thanks for being so neighborly. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I am going to work on a friend for him but my husband, it turns out is not so big on goats. I wondered about a donkey/mule or a mini as friend. We didn't want to over pack the 3/4 pasture, and be unfair that way, thats why I supported the goat idea.
    its 5 o'clock somewhere