Thread: one horse open sleigh

one horse open sleigh

Does anyone have plans or know where I might aquire a set a build a horse sleigh or buy a older completed unit at a decent price ? I want to be able to carry four people . Thanks ,
    Big Al

Re: one horse open sleigh

BigAl,
    I dont know of anywhere to get plans nor do I know anyone who has a sleigh for sale. There is a show on RFDTV called Rural Heritage. http://www.rfd-tv.com/public.cgi?pro...le=Pacific.htm
    If my memory serves me, they used to show people working on wagons etc. Perhaps that might be an option in getting more information.

I will try to find some time to look around on the internet more.

Mark

A visit to a museum or other venue where you might be able to take some measurements and have a good look at a horse drawn sleigh and take a lot of pictures would be one way. Another is to take two seconds to Google on "horse" + "sleigh" + "plans"

One of the hits, http://www.ruralheritage.com/plans/planlist.htm

has a couple plans for sleighs at $8 and $12

There were lots of hits so probably more plans available

Check back if you need help doing a Google search

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

This is a very interesting site.

Thanks a million . I don't know that site and know little about computers . I'll check it out !Thanks again to All ! Happy Holidays !! Ho Ho Ho
    Big Al

Big AL, NO prob dude! Just go to the place near the top of your "BROWSER" where the URL is displayed (web address) and type in google.com and hit [ENTER]

Next, you type in key words that help narrow down your search. You can use several key words at the same time to limit the number of useless "hits."

If you search on "dog", you'll get jillions of hits. If you search on "dog" + "black" + "small" + "hunting" + "retriever" then you will find listings containing all four words. Still not a guarantee you'll get what you want but it reduces the number of useless hits.

There wre 90,800 hits on "dog" + "black" + "small" + "hunting" + "retriever"

There were 105,000,000 hits on just "dog"

Luckily, good search engines like Google list the most likely hits first as best they can and do pretty good if you give enough good input to help limit the search to only items of interest.

Newer advances in natural language processing may have obsoleted my entry method "X1" + "X2" + "X3" + Xn"

dog black small hunting retriever resulted in 90,800 hits so nevermind the "+" and just type in keywords.

Hope this helps,

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Justin Carriage Works makes a cool little buggy that converts to a sleigh with an optional runner kit. They call it the Sluggy Click Here to see a picture.

They also make regular sleighs that are very nice Click Here

John