Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arena stereo speakers - speaker wire length?

Re: Arena stereo speakers - speaker wire length?

"sounds" like you've got it figured out......picked out the pool table yet? I'm probably a year or 2 away from getting the table unless I bite the bullet and take out a larger loan than I want to just to get everyting done sooner....

Muncybob, Haven't picked out the table yet but have seen some web sites that sell the pieces and parts to make just about any kind of pool/billiards table you could want from gingerbread ornate to rough logs with a lot of antlers for decoration. I have considered cast in place concrete but that is not the most likely route I'll take. I'll probably go for either and 8' or a 9 ft table. I hate those little undersized tables. I expect to save a bundle compared to the cost of a complete table in the size and quality that I want.

I've seen pool table lights that sell for as much or more than I want to spend on a good table. I expect to make my own.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Would love to hear from you when you build your light....I really like the looks of the Diamond table lights..but as you stated thay are not cheap...I'm not much of a finish carpenter but something tells me it shouldn't be too difficult to make your own? As for the table...I'm going with either the 8.5' or 9' foot table(the club table we play on is a 9' Gandy) but I won't even attempt to make that!! Man's gotta know his limitations(and I know mine 4 sure!)....probably go with a used table and have local shop install with guarantee that they'll be back in 9 or 12 months to check and re-level if needed. Already have my drywall hung and elec wired for the light...just hafta plaster...plaster...and plaster some more! Hanging the stuff was the labor intensive part but I'm learning that finishing is the frustrating and time consuming part! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

muncybob, I'm way undecided as to lots of basement stuff as I am trying to only deal with what is on the critical path to moving in and what is on the critical path to a controlled burn of my eastern 80 acres. I have electric wired to the sides of the soffits on either side of the pool table location and will probably try to coordinate the design of the sconces I build for them with whatever I do for the table light.

I expect the table light will have two to four of the 8 ft fluorescent tubes and some sort of western/rustic decor layered on if not integrated in. The sconces will follow the same look as the table light but be smaller.

I forgot to wire for ceiling fans in the basement (I suffer from recurrent bouts of CRS {Can't Remember Stuff}) I may swag some or mount an air circulator to stir the air horizontally.

The attachment is what I will copy for the guest bedroom in the basement (It is also a safe room with foot thick walls and a FEMA safe room door plus steel shutters on the window.)

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I can relate to CRS...fortunately for me I had several delays before all the drywall was hung and I was able to overcome my CRS and get everything(I think!) wired before the walls were covered. That's def a western room!..my daughter shows western horses and would love a room like THAT! I think the Diamond light that I'm gonna try to copy has 4 of the 8 footers in it...I will probably make a light and knowing how I do things I'll come up with a better version some time down the road and wind up making a modified/improved version sometime. Right now I'm just wanting to get all the drywall finished, primed and painted before the gardening/landscaping season arrives here in PA.

Pat,

About 12 years ago the wife and I stayed in a motel in Old Town San Diego that had a bed similar to the one in your photo. Not quite as fancy though.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?