Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Using maganets to soften water?

Using maganets to soften water?

I found the following link on one of the ads here. This looks pretty interesting IF it works. Does anybody have any input on these types of systems? Do they really work?

http://clearwatermax.com/

Re: Using maganets to soften water?

A large part of what makes hard water hard isn't magnetic!!!!
    Larry

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Do they really work?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. See Magnetic Water and Fuel Treatment: Myth, Magic, or Mainstream Science?

For truthful information, see Ohio Pure Water.

Dear sir; I have some ocean front property here in Cochise county Arizona, only 10 miles from Mexico. I am willing to sell for only $1000 a foot for actual ocean front.

OK, first of all I'll pass on the ocean front property [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies. I just started reading some of the sales literature and testimonials and wondered if it was real or not. Based on the article DocHeb pointed me to, this doesn't sound like something I want to try.

Also, just noticed I spelled magnets wrong! Guess I need a spell checker.

Good decision! Magnetic water treatment is "snake oil." Ditto for magnetic fuel line accessories for BIG MILEAGE INCREASES.

B U N K ! ! !

A nationwide solicitation was made for verifiable repeatable laboratory testing to validate claims. If provided and verified, a large order was to be placed by a state autority.

NO COMPANIES RESPONDED! NONE! ZILCH, NADA, NOBODY

This leaves you to decide why. Do they have so much business they don't want large orders? Or do they lack verifiable testing?

File their claims away next to the stories about the 500 MPG carburettors that the oil companies squelched.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Can't be all Bunk. Any free iron particles would surely be attrated to the magnet thus stopping them from plugging up a filter!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    You may not realize the power some companies can exert.

Egon

Egon, Thanks so much for your correction. As Egon has pointed out, if you happened to have iron fillings in your water supply, the magnet could stop some of them from getting through. Of course this has nothing to do with making the water softer, i.e. reducing the mineral content that reacts with soap to make the insoluble curd layer on us that passes for being clean after a shower in hard water.

Next we'll see magnetohydrodynamic drive units to replace pumps with a liquid equivalent to a linear traction motor.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Converting hard water to soft water is really quite simple. Just place the ice cubes in a glass filled with the hydrating liquid of your choice. As you watch you will notice the hard ice cubes become smaller and smaller. There may even be some moisture condense on the exterior of the glass.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And if the outside of the glass was clean, it would be distilled water? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]