Thread: Turkey Trot

Turkey Trot

These guys let me get close enough to take a pic with a digital camera. If I'd had a rock or a long stick, I might be eating turkey tonight.

Re: Turkey Trot

Here is a couple that came right in out back yard.

Great pic, Jim. These creatures sure are ugly, huh? They look a lot like buzzards. Can you eat buzzard meat? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I am sure you can. They are immune to all most all disease. I understand they are expernenting with buzzard blood in treating leprosy and some other cancer type diseases. I think I will pass though.

Hey Cowboy, Start throwing out some corn and with patience you can almost have them eating out of your hand, literally. My neighbor on the south side sits on his front porch step and has the "wild" turkey flock in a semicircle around him about 6 ft away when he feeds them whole kernel corn. It took a while but they would come a little closer each time till they got within about 5-6 ft. This was interrupted by mating season and as the next year before he could get them back.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"