Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !!!!!

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Re: !!!!!

WAHOO!!!!!!!!

Cindi, you stopping smoking is wonderful news!!!!! I wish I lived closer to you, so I could hold your hand while you go through this. Feel free to yell at me as much as you need to!!! I'm thrilled that you're doing this!!! I know how strong you are, and I know you can do it!!! Good luck!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll be following along on your forum!!!

Go, Cindi, go!!!!
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Thanks Rich, you are one major motivator!

Cindy, I know you can do it. My Mom quit after 41 years of smoking.

Good luck.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Well, it's been about thirty hours, so far so good. I'm sleeping a lot. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

U GOT IT BEAT CINDY! 30 hrs & counting! But remember a addiction is addiction, regardless if it's tobacco, drugs, food or computers! I went throu a quit smoking course over 20 yrs ago and I still think about cigs sometimes when I feel sorry for myself! Can U believe that! HA! Anyway a couple of hints I picked up in the class! Instructor said, " The Human BEAN has to have something in his mouth all the time!" so keep toothpicks, gum, mints or those stirrer I call twiltle sticks around and when U want a cig just put one of those substitutes in U'r mouth! That instrustor said the urge just lasted a few seconds and if you substitute it everytime that the urge will go away! Well that's just one hint but better leave it at that! roho

That sounds like good advice. I'm on my way to Walmart to buy some cleaning supplies to clean my house and my truck to get the smell out, maybe I'll pick up something like that. Thanks Roho!

Hang in there! I quit smoking 7 yrs ago after 40 years. First few days were by far the roughest, though for a cuople of years I'd see a pack of Camels on a shelf and think, "Oh, yeah, I remember how good those taste!" It's worth it, though. YOU GO, GIRL!
    I hope to become as good a man as my dog thinks I am.

Whew...forty years! I have had a few tense moments, but so far so good...at about 60 hours so far.

Good show Cindy.

I used to smoke up to 4 packs a day depending on what was happening. Quit cold on May 06,1986 at 01:30 pm. And never regeted it.

Nicotine is one of the most habit forming substances on the market.

Keep the faith - It will not be easy but you can do it. If I could anyone can.

Egon