Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: !!!!!

Re: !!!!!

Cindi,
    Hang in there it is one of the best things you can do for yourself and all those around you. I stopped about 12 years ago and now food taste good again and everything smells good. I just got tired of the nasty things and also began to realize what I was exposing everyone around me to. Second hand smoke is claimed to be worse than what the user is exposed to and whether or not that proves to be true is not something I want to be apart of. Hang on ... it's not easy but the reward is priceless!
    Leo

I know I know. I'll be honest with you guys. It didn't start getting hard until this afternoon. Why is that? It's been almost three days. I thought I'd be over the hard part by now.

Keep going Cindy - the first week is almost impossible. The first few days are not bad.

From experience - after two days abstinence and the first smoke you can literally feel the difference in your blood veins and an ephoric type feelling.

Hang in - willpower- email me if you want to break down. It's a hard haul - takes a lot of will power- keep the faith- all the clap trap about patches ect. forget - It's just plain hard !!

You will make it.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Cindi, I'm like Mark Twain; "I know I can stop anytime I want to; I've done it a thousand times".

Egon...I haven't given up, and thanks for the offer!

Bird...so you still smoke. Smoke one for me..... [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Ahh -- Bird; perhaps it's your time to suffer through withdrawal.

Keep it up Cindy. One hour at a time will get you there. A little physical excersise like walking may help when the really dark desires come a calling.

Egon

Don't give up!

I'm going to play dirty now...

My Dad quit a couple years ago the day I drove him to the hospital with a heart attack. I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy. I seriously doubt you'd want Jake or Jill making that drive.

Playin Dirty

Well ScottAR, ain't nothing wrong with playin dirty when U win at this GAME of LIFE(hate to call it a game)! So I'll throw my war story in for our thread host that is trying to quit! Or may I say gonna stop! Anyway bout 25 yrs ago, my 55 yr old uncle went into Vet hosp at about 230lbs and they carried out about a 100 lb lighter corpse! Last day he lived, his little sister helt him up where he could get that last cigarette smoked! Now that was the year I stopped smoking after 12+yrs! We still think about him and miss him & he didn't have to see his mama pass a way either! Everbody said "He never hurt anybody!" I don't beleive that! Sorry for this type of story but he hurt alot of folks by not taking care of himself and his mother had to watch her son die! If U'r a parent U really think about that! BTW Merry Christmas Cindy!

Well I reckon it's nothing like putting the skids on a thread by playing dirty! What happened to everybody! I'm sorry for not playing fair, I've been told that I don't play well with others!!! Whine whine whine! SorryHow's it going Cindi!!!! I hope well!

Well Cindy, in 5 days it will be a month. It has been a while since you posted. The Holidays have come and gone. Everyone is waiting....waiting...did she do it????? Let us know!
    TxDon