Thread: in my backyard

in my backyard

IN my back yard today hunting cats i presume.

Re: in my backyard

You have done a really grand job xeroscaping your back yard with creosote, bush, palo verde, etc. Nice job! It really looks natural!

Cute puppy dog. We have some like that too. Closest daytime approach has been the fence 25 ft from my mom's house.

With frequent multiple choruses per night and 160 acres to roam, In 5 years I have seen precisely 4 of these beautiful creatures, day or night on our property. One came near my mom's fence a couple weeks ago, one was walking by and nearly crossed paths with us when we were repairing fence, another saw us from a couple hundred yards and departed and another was shot by a poaching tresspasser and hung up in a tree. I'd rather have seen the shooter hanging in the tree. Of course we see lots of coyote sign and tracks.

I just can't seem to get excited about shooting them. They don't bother me. Beaver are NOT in that category. From the condition of your trees, I'd say you have any local beaver under control.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

"From the condition of your trees, I'd say you have any local beaver under control."

And this in Arizona, aka: The Beaver State!
    [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Back for a drink