Thread: Crazy Mule

Crazy Mule

My girlfriend's sister bought this mule and it's CRAZY! It was a nice tame animal the night of the sale and they'd noticed it looks to have a hyrenia.
    Anyway they put the creature in the shed upon delivery and well it's crazy. It will eat corn right out your hand but if you touch it's halter it goes nuts kicking and raring up.
    It's a young beast and now it's put on some weight and grown some and it's halter is getting too tight but you can't loosen it up because the mule goes plum crazy when the halter is touched.
    The now believe the mule had to be drugged when they bought it and it was delivered.... They also suspect the mule was abused at a past home.
    Any ideals on what to do?
    Bo McCarty, Realtor

Re: Crazy Mule

<font color="green">Any ideals on what to do?
    </font color>

Personally I would haul him right back to the sale. Most sale barns if they are reputable at all will run them back through for no charge if there was fraud involved. Mules are VERY hard to train and they are different than horses. If you decide to stick with it I would get a professional trainer to help you with. If you can't do that I would go online, do a search with "mule trainers" and you will get alot of good information.

Straight To the place where they make animal food would be the best. You really don't want to pass the trouble along. But do complain and try for some reinbursment.

Unruly animals of any size are just a plain hazard and should not be kept around.

Egon

I bet your local vet has a potion that he/she can give that mule to calm it down enough to get the halter off. Probably could check the hernia for you as well. If it was me I wouldnt waste my money on the vet I would do as others have recomended and take it back to the sale barn.

Yea 3cc of domesadan in the vein will put it down real nice. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]