Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures

Posting pictures

I am trying to post a picture with no luck. I did a search and found no helpful info. I have adjusted my camera to its lowest size picture setting but everytime I try to post it say my file is too big. Anyone have any suggestion?

Re: Posting pictures

Every digital camera, scanner, I ever bought came with some sort of editing software. PhotoSuite, Photo Express, Photo Shop. You need to edit the picture with the editing software to make it smaller. This usualy on the tool bar somewhere and is most often listed a RESIZE. To post on this baord it must be made smaller than 150kb.

You can also go looking for Irfanview on Google. It's freeware and will allow you to resize your photos and other editing too.
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

That ones a little small. What did I do wrong?

<font color="blue"> This usualy on the tool bar somewhere and is most often listed a RESIZE </font color>

A combination of RESIZE (800x600 or 640x480) and COMPRESSION should do the trick.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Now it says Post allready exist. Any suggestions?

Start from scratch. Pretend you didn't post it yet. Size it to about 600 by 400, don't worry about compression.

Do not use your browser's "back" function to get back to the page you used to make the post attempt. DO click on "Post" again as if for the first time.

It may be simpler if you just post the picture and then click on "EDIT" to add text.

This tractoring picture from earlier today is 136 kilobytes, big enough.

Happy posting,

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Oh, yeah... Goat... go to http://www.irfanview.com and download the free graphic program, Irfanview. It is a terrific graphic view-edit application AND IT IS FREE. It doesn't spy on you. It doesn't nag all the time about buying the full featured version. I have and know how to use the full up version of Adobe PhotoShop and a bunch of other tools but have irfanview set as my default viewer and is what I use for quick and dirty slideshows etc. It is tough to have too much good to say about it.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Goat, It took less than a minute to make this vertical pan in irfanview. It is 142KB.

Nariative for these is posted onthe Oklahoma farmhouse thread.