Thread: Posting pictures

Re: Posting pictures

Cow picture

Here's a cow picture:

:: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Thanks for the help. I can now add pictures to my post.
    Nice cow [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

An OK cow but just a tad low on the body condition scale.

Her reproductive health and condition of the next calf would likely be better if she was fleshed up a bit.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

That cow is outstanding in its field! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat does photobucket work here for posting? it resizes the pics also i had to use it for the cattle board group im on i tryed to send a pic from it but it wouldnt stick Rose

Rose, I'm not familiar with "photobucket." There are some very knowledgeable picture posters here, such folk as the Gator Dude (AKA Gatorboy.)

I "preprocess" pix to meet the file size limit by using Irfanview. Irfanview is a very good easy to use graphic application that is very intuitive and will do everything needed to size a picture for posting here.

Irfanview is FREE! It is one of the best written pieces of FREEWARE I have ever encountered. This from a Googlel on Irfanview...

Download IrfanView
    Thank you very much for downloading and using IrfanView. Since year 2003, IrfanView has over 1 Million downloads EVERY month! (counting 3-4 major mirrors) ...
    www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm - 11k - Cached -
    Irfanview

There are lots of "features" in Irfanview but you don't have to learn the whole thing to resize pix, just a couple commands in the menus. You can drag and drop a picture file on the irfanview desktop icon to open a picture. Then explore the pull down menus and yo will find a choice that lets you resize the picture. Do that and then save it under a different file name and your ready to post the picture here.

There are lots of suitable applications to do this but Irfanview is free and works well.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Pat (and Rose), I agree that Irfanview is a great and easy piece of Freeware. I have however been using Pixresizer (also very FREE), and it works GREAT. I make the setting as "Custom", set at 640 X 450 and it saves a copy of the photo you started with but with an automatically renamed file name, in the same location. It's Here
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!