Thread: Antique gas cook stove help !!!

Antique gas cook stove help !!!

I recently aquired an old 1910-1920 "Spark" gas cook stove.
    I have started rebuilding it as it will be used everyday in our old ranch .I have searched the internet and there is very little information on this brand . Does anyone out there have an assembly manual on a any "old" gas stove that I could get a copy of ? I'd be happy to buy it . I do know that sometime in the past 80 years or so someone has tried to work on the pilot burner for the top burners . Everything was reassembled wrong !!! I think I have it all back together correctly but it is missing 3 flash tubes that go from the pilot to each burner .It would be nice to know how to make proper adjustments on the burners if I had a manual . I think any old manual would work as the assembly principal is basically the same on most of them .
    Thanks ,
    Big Al

Re: Antique gas cook stove help !!!

There are folks with a NET presence that sell rebuilt/refurb stoves like Chambers and such. I'd be asking them about a manual with offer to pay. Other than that, you should be able to "git 'er done" if you are familiar with gas ranges in general and don't mind too much if it isn'e completely "stock."

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"