Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOYOSTOVE Problems

TOYOSTOVE Problems

I have three oil burning toyostoves, one a laser 55, another the laser 72 and a laser 73.
    I have had them for over 10 years and they are the principle method of heating my home and greenhouse. Lately I have been getting odor problems but can't figure out where it is coming from. This is on the laser 55 and laser 73 stoves as the laser 72 is a backup stove. I have replaced the gaskets but that did not seem to help. Any of you readers out there have this type of stove and any suggestions.
    PJ

Re: TOYOSTOVE Problems

Paul, have you changed your type or source of fuel, or has your fuel dealer changed anything? Have you quit smoking?

Fuel is the same as far as I know. I did replace all the seals. I did notice that when we have a high pressure the smell is much worse. Low pressure it seems to be ok. Wonder if this then has to do with the blower?
    PJ

Paul, still seems like the common thread to both stoves starting to smell at the same time is fuel. You might give "Allen Oil" a call @1-800-597-6637 for some advice. They are in Helena.

You can also get a free service video Here

I'm guessing someone slipped in #2 diesel and the injectors are getting clogged from high sulfur content. (My guesses have been shown to be highly inaccurate)

Thank you for the advice, will check this out and let you know.
    PJ

I have a 2001 Toyostove Laser 73 that I only use for a backup heat source. It dosent have that many hours on it and this year when I tried to use it I get an error message #2. I have tried everything listed in the manual as far as trouble shooting with no luck. I also changed the filter. I contacted the dealer where I purchased the unit and they told me to disconnect it and bring it in because it needed a new circuit board to the tune of $350.00. Does anyone have any ideas for me other than returning it to the dealer? I am out of work at the moment in upstate New York and it is getting cold fast.

What does error message #2 mean or what systems on the stove does it control?

Egon

Error message #2 is no ignition.
    Causes listed are out of fuel (no)
    Air Pocket in line (pushed button on fuel sump as directed)
    Clogged Flue (no)
    Clogged fuel strainer (no)
    Igniter, circuit board, flame sensor or fuel pump malfunction (could be any of these).
    I was wondering if I really had to disconnect and return to the dealer or if it was one of these last 4 if it was a DIY project I would want to undertake.
    Thanks for the fast reply... I wasnt kidding. Getting cold here !!!

Look for any sensors involved in the #2 failure and see if they can be moved, cleaned, jiggled etc. Fllipping the on off swicth or breaker a few times may be another idea. Is there a reset switch?

Does the furnace try and start, start and shut down or just no reaction at all?

Goood luck! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My furnace knowledge is not very large. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Does the fuel pump actually deliver fuel? What if during disuse the pumpo stuck? Just a wild guess.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"