Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Water bucket question

Re: Electric Water bucket question

don't remember what the last update was, Egon ... but the carb was replaced and is, seemingly, working properly now. The next problem .... fixed last week, was replacing the inside heater ... always something with the older studd ... but how do you justify new when it gets used a couple of 3 hours a month??
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Wingnut,

GREAT to see you back!! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] The problem with your electric fence is that it isn't hot enough. About the only way to control studs is with the top fencer. We use the 160 mile fencer. I know you don't have that much fence but it delivers a heck of a punch and I can pretty much guarantee that they will leave the fence alone. If they don't let me know and I'll buy it from you. We are always needing fencers. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CBD .... yeah, the fencer certainly does make a difference. Right now the one I'm using, on 12 acres, is a 50 miler, iirc. I have been thinking of a larger one ... but first I'm trying to ensure I don't have too doggone many shorts out there from trees ... and breaks. After I played with adding the ground circuit and some shorter ground rods to tie it in ... the spark got MUCH better .... enough for me to notice it through the rubber winter boots!!! One stud is now staying put ... the other is getting more cautious. I'll see how I do this weekend and ... if I still have problems, a fencer will be the next purchase.
    On that topic .... do you have your multiple fencers segregated, or can they be "paralleled"?

pete
    http://www.dahlhausminiatures.com
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Pete,

I will usually just separate mine. You can parallel them but then I have to think too much about it. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]