Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canadian Beef Ban Should be Extended

Re: Canadian Beef Ban Should be Extended

Tallnthesaddle
    Go to the tread you split off this one ( Milk Replacer )
    I have A COUPLE MORE POSTS ( Questions ) about this matter and I don't feel like typing all nite to put them on this tread.

Ron

<font color="blue"> IF it ever shows up we deserve the same market collapse that Canada has had and we deserve no help to open any border. If we are stupid enough as producers as a whole to do anything to let any cow get the disease then we deserve economic disaster. It's a completely preventable disease if we just do the right things.
    </font color>

Second Case of Mad Cow in USA

Still feel the same Doc???

i am from canada our government is really stupid they dont realise that the border wont open and all the farmers want them to open on a meat packing plant instead of ssending it down to the us to be packaged [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

This second case does not indicate a giant failure of our American system but will get overblown in the press and will cause a depression in beef consumption and prices. Perhaps it will focus attention on the need for more and better testing. That is a good thing. Too many in the beef industry are in denial.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

The solution is so simple! Just use proper feed.

Egon

"As far as the US export to Canda right now it is near zero. The reason is because beef is ridiculously cheap in Canada right now. Nobody is going to export beef there and lose 50 cents a pound or more on it."

I wish beef was cheap in Canada...
    Local Grocery - major chain
    Striploin $9 per lb.
    Sirloin $7 per lb
    Tbone $11.95 per lb

US store - major chain
    Tbone $8.99 lb
    Eye round $7.99 lb

Looked at large sirloin tip roast - family size @ Costco...
    $39 for roast!

I wish it was cheap in Canada I would be eating more.

Price to consumer did not drop in our area during this "crisis".

I live 2500 miles from the infected case and am penalized as a consumer along with local farmers.

A cousin/farmer could only get $200 per cow. He expanded his two produce stands (from 2500 sq t to over 5000 sq ft) went to local community college to become a butcher and now sells from field to consumer direct. Only way to make any money.

It is a north american problem not a US/Canada problem. Both sides have to clean up their act...garbage in - garbage out. Supply and demand...economics etc...

Our neighbouring province had a problem with potatoes. One field infected. US banned imports. Killed the industry. Farmers were plowing millions of lbs of potatoes back into the ground.

The irony (sadness really) of all of this is there are millions of people starving, at home (US/Canada) and abroad and we dump food sources
    weither it is fish, dairy, grain/corn, beef or potatoes.

...my rant for the day

Thank you.

lloyd