Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Farmhouse Kitchen remodel pics

Re: Farmhouse Kitchen remodel pics

"I'm pretty much a hack"

You can hack on my house any time. It looks great to me. AND, it seems, you passed the Egon test. (He is probably THE wood person on CBN, if you didn't know.)

Thanks to all for the kind words. Makes me feel proud. I just keep on plugging along on the house. The background story is that we bought an old German style farmhouse and moved it to our property. I gutted the inside which was pretty rough and I am almost completely finished and we are close to moving in. It's a good sense of acomplishment. I have been working alone for one year on it. Finishing the original pine floors is next..... [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

So how about some pictures from the outside and more pictures of the inside?

How old is the house?

I grew up in a old house on the farm that was populated by Krauts.

This is the entertainment center that I built The guy in the pic is pretty ugly I know....

here is a dining room corner hutch that I built. I custom milled all new trim for the windows. (Was a lot of work!) The paint has yet to be scraped off the glass though

this was the attic before I converted it into a home office. The window is obviously new and took the place of an old attic vent. You can see where I had to cut off the roof to move the house. I replaced it alone on a rainy day (of course!) by myself from a ladder and using just a handsaw with no electricity on the site yet. I still remember carrying the 3/4 plywood up that ladder a piece at a time. They never show you scenes like that on "This old House"

This is the attic after I have finished. No vinyl flooring yet or painting done. I have an antique oak desk that will slide in place between the cabinets. I have a beautiful view of the valley out my window.

This is a view of the new front porch. The original was missing when I got the house. I hand turned the stiles on the railing too.

Very nice "New Member"

It sure looks like you have done a lot of work on it. A project that I am sure you are quite proud of and will enjoy living in.