Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hot water FAST

Re: Hot water FAST

Egon, OK just for you, our favorite Canadian, I'll explain. You see there is this activity called "bathing" which although it can be accomplished in cold water seems to be enjoyed much more by the majority of its practitioners when conducted in hot water. As strange as it may seem to the uninitiated, there are hoards of folks who do this "bathing" and predominately prefer it to be done in conjunction with copious quantities of hot water. Beyond the consumption of hot water and the joy thereby produced there is a negative, detracting effect, whenever the user has to wait too long to receive the hot water. Hence the efforts to engineer means of reducing the wait (and waste) that can be associated with getting hot water to the bathing location.

I realize that much of this may be unfamiliar to you, especially the part about water flowing in pipes inside a house but trust me, people do this a lot.

[img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Golly; that's interesting Pat. I always thought that come spring that pails of water were heated on the stove and then poured into barrel after which everyone took a turn at jumping in the barrel.

You mean people actually do that every day?? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon, I've heard that some folks do it more than once a day but you can file that away with stories about indoor privy facilities. Indoors????? Who'd want to do THAT inside their own house for Pete's sake!!! Why, it wouldn't be sanitary! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just as long as it doesn't start raining cats and dogs. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Why would anyone want to get into a tub of water? You know what fish do in there, right? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Egon, Is it OK if it just rains a few puppies and kittens?

Gary, I know what W.C. Fields said about water, if that is your citation. "Don't drink the water, fish ---- in it."

Anyone want to place a small wager as to the outcome of the thermosyphon experiment?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pat:

Water thermosyphon - depending on who bets on what who gets to control the initial water temperature??

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pat:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    In Northern mythology the cat is supposed to have great influence on the weather, and English sailors still say the cat has a gale of wind in her tail when she is unusually frisky. Witches that rode upon the storms were said to assume the form of cats; and the stormy northwest wind is called the cat's nose in the Harz mountains even at the present day. The dog is a signal of wind, like the wolf. Both animals were attendants of Odin, the storm-god. In old German pictures the wind is figured as the "head of a dog or wolf," from which blasts issue. The cat therefore symbolizes the down-pouring of rain, and the dog the strong gusts of wind that accompany a rainstorm; and a rain of "cats and dogs" is a heavy rain with wind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quess kittens and puppy's would be a light mist [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Quess kittens and puppy's would be a light mist

[/ QUOTE ]

With a light breeze, of course. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Yep, that's the one all right. Didn't remember it being ole WC though.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?