I've been mulling over smokers for a few weeks...probably due to some posts over on TBN. Almost went with the Weber Smoky Mountain charcoal, but thought that electric or propane might do as good a job with less baby-sitting. Went out to look for electrics and couldn't find any with thermostatic controls and stumbled into the GO 36" propane smoker at WalMart. As I hadn't really read any review, etc on propane I returned home and did some "googling". All reports indicated that the propane models were easy to use and gave excellent results so I went back and bought one.
I was surprised at how well everything fitted and the construction seems to be better than most things like this, even though it was made in China. Clear easy instructions and assembly. I read in several places that the cast iron wood box was too small, but I used some seasoned oak board cut-offs about 5"x5"x3/4" stacked in the bowl and had smoke for several hours at around 225f. Plenty of time to smoke the meat. That was yesterday, with thick cut pork chops. Needless to say, it's loaded with a 8lb Boston Butt as I type and has been smoking for about two hours. Figure that by the time I knock off three or four George Dickle's this evening it'll be ready.
I thought I'd post my thoughts on this, as I've read several questions regarding propane smokers in various places that never got any response. Picture attached.