Thread: Anyone seen/used this?

Anyone seen/used this?

I saw this advertized in a magazine and was wondering if it works or is just a gimmick.
    http://www.flameengineering.com/Red_...e_Torch_K.html

I am wondering if it would be good for spot treating weeds in my pasture.

Opinions?

Re: Anyone seen/used this?

I used one a neighbor had to light off some tree/brush piles. Worked good for that.Was thinking of buying one for clearing weeds off of fence lines.
    Gettin Back To My Country Roots

Those propane torches work well for spot weed treatment, the secret is to just hit the weed with a quick heat treatment and not try to burn it until its black. It showhow cooks the weed until it won't grow anymore. I have used it around my greenhouse with some success. Harbour Freight has 2 models on sale. Item 91037-3MPA is the torch wi a push button igniter for 24.99. Item 91033-1BRA is the torch you light yourself for 19.99. You will have to provide your own dolly and LP bottle. If you go this way and don't like the results you won't have that much money tied up. Good Luck Mac

F

I use a jet torch every spring. I hook up a 500 gallon tank behind the tractor and head for the irrigation ditches. I burn what weeds were not killed when I sprayed and it also helps get rid of the weeds that were killed when I sprayed.

Thanks all. I took Mac's advice and bought the 91037-3MPA from Harbour Freight. It is cheap enough to give a try.