Thread: Newest Tool Addition

Newest Tool Addition

to my massive 12x12 shop:

Goodbye old B&D jigsaw,

Hello new: Freud Model FJ85 Jig Saw

RATED BEST BUY BY AMERICAN WOODWORKER MAGAZINE!

6 amp motor; Orbital Action 4 orbital settings for faster cuts in heavy, wet wood; Carrying Case; Quick-Fix tool-free blade change system accepts Bosch shank blades; Blades; Non-marring base plate with removable anti-splintering insert.

Uses universal and T-shank blades.

Lowe's is clearing them out. $107.

Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Re: Newest Tool Addition

I've got a Freud router in my table that I've been well served by, and I believe my biscuit cutter is a Freud,but my jigsaw is a Bosch.
    Hope you're as happy with your jigsaw as I am with mine. Do we ever get through buying tools?

I have a 30 year old sears jigsaw residing on a shelf in my massive workshop area. It does have variable speed and the blade can be rotated independantly of the jigsaw.

Just added a King Tile Cutter to the collection.

Egon

Son.... Now that is what I call a jigsaw... [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]

I think I hear a room full of Tim Allen's... Aar Aar Aar Aar [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Awhh - it was one of Eears finest at the time. The blade is able to be rotated while the saw is in use - no arh arhs. Can come in handy in certain situations.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sounds like a perfect deal, Fivestring!! And I don't want to steal your thunder, but I'm sorry my friend, like Egon,I too have a Sears, Craftsman and I reckon it's pushin 30 or more as well..I really like the swivel cutting head especially for outside circles and "S" curve stuff, that I can't get done on the band saw. I don't always finish the project with the same blade....but that's not the fault of the saw :-)
    Hope you have many serviceable years from your new toy !!! It looks like it can really get after the board feet.
    Have a blessed day
    roy

Looks great. I'm on my second Bosch and love it.

PS. can a person with big fingers play the guitar? I really want to but my teacher in high school said my big fingers won't work.

Yes, you can play with big fingers.
    You might have to shift your hand a litlle for some chords, but that's no big deal.

If you think about it, a guitar neck is almost twice as wide as a banjo or mandolin neck. I play both with no problems.

A classical guitar has a wider neck than a standard guitar.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

I know this is off topic, but I have decided I want to learn some musical instrument especially since my vocal chords don't create anything remotely close to music. What is a good way to learn to play a guitar? Thanks very much. Rat...

Lots of good instructional books. Get one with a CD; that way you can hear what each piece is SUPPOSED to sound like.

I would also take about 8-10 lessons to get the basics down right.

If you start off with the wrong basics, it's an uphill battle.... [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!