Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay for propane?

How much do you pay for propane?

I just had to load up on propane and paid $1.49 per gallon. This is the most I've ever paid. Is it today's normal price??

Re: How much do you pay for propane?

I have a commerical account for my greenhouses and we are paying $1.09, up from last year. I have heard non-commerical accounts in this part of the country are paying $1.59 -$1.69. Propane prices rise and fall with the price of oil and I don't think we will ever see cheap fuel again. At over 90,000 BTU's per gallon it is still a good source of clean heat.

For my refill this week, the price was $1.49, but I got it for $1.35 at my prebought price.

Every time one of these "price of propane" threads comes up, it amazes me the wide range of prices around the country, from under $1.00 to well over $2.00.

I'm in the process of adding my propane tank to my new construction. I'll pay about $1.55 per gallon to fill the tank. But my supplier has a rebate program for new construction that uses propane and I qualify for a $550 rebate. Looks like propane won't cost much this first year. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just received the bill for the 2-3 fill up, $1.45.

i just recieved my propane bill. $2.68 per gallon.
    i use it for hot water heater and stove.

i called and pretended to be a new customer. my salesman tells me $1.89 per gallon.

i checked some other prices w/companies.

i called back got the same guy and gave him an earful.
    he tells me that is an introductory price for new customers etc...blah blah....i told him when i am getting screwed i like to be kissed.

he said the best he could do was $2.30 i said still too much. he finally relented to $2.23. still too much

i am in florida on business till may so i am not able to switch companies right now but i have my heating oil and propane w/the same company and i told them when i get home they better sharpen their pencils or they are out.

i am paying $1.89 per gallon for heating oil. i know propane prices are based on your consumption but that is robbery.

I have had the same problem with my propane company (Suburban Propane). I've called them and I got someone that probably was the guy out here with the same job as your guy - "oh, well, you see you really do have to pay that much because that is the way it is and everyone else does it too".

I just checked my latest bill, which wasn't so bad in $$$. But the reason is that I'm using a lot less fuel than I have in the past and the actual price was $2.51 / gal. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] (They don't actually put the price per gallon on the invoice - I had to divide total $$ by quantity. Jerks.)

Then they just sent me a bill for $52.50 for the privilige of renting their tank. I don't think so...

Anyone know a good place out in my neck of the woods?

just had mine filled ... they are on auto-fill, so when they're in my neck of the woods they stop by. Looks like it was $1.56 a gallon ... which was a lot less than I'd anticipated! Heck ... maybe I should convert the vehicles to propane ... gas is $2.18 a gallon right now.
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Had ours filled in February. If I recall right it was around $2.00 a gallon. Next year I'll find someone to lock my rate. Some of my friends with rate locks are paying $1.20 or so.

<font color="blue"> Had ours filled in February. If I recall right it was around $2.00 a gallon. Next year I'll find someone to lock my rate. Some of my friends with rate locks are paying $1.20 or so. </font color>

They annually offer to lock in our rates ... but they want us to pay some ridiculous fee to "lock it in" ... and according to their documentation, it would still go up if their wholesale costs rise enough ... so I just continue to gamble. They do offer a 5% discount for paying "on time" ... so that helps.
    I always examine stuff like "lock-ins" and "extended warranties" to death ... since I'm well aware that there ain't no free lunch ... but there are an awful lot of ways for them to pull extra bucks out of your pocket
    it's a shame that common sense isn't