Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much do you pay for propane?

Re: How much do you pay for propane?

I am paying 2.08 per gallon seems high but everyone in my area is charging the same. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I say no matter what, lock the price in because fossil fuels won't be getting any cheaper.
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

About two months ago I paid $1.49/gal for 1600 gal. This was a reduced price for a volume transaction. IT was not a large reduction but I hope to not need another propane delivery for a while.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Just locked this winter's rate at $1.49 for 300 gal. prepaid. However there are no additional charges. I am currently renting a tank @ $50/Yr. Think I will be shopping the auctions to see if I can buy my own tank. Then I can get it filled by whoever is the cheapest.
    Adron
    You can have it good, quick or cheap. Pick 2.

My "normal" price (near Flint, Michigan) is $2.49. Same as gasoline for the car at this time [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] We heat with propane, run the tankless water heater and stove. I wouldn't mind the price so much if I could at least be warm, but keep the furnace around 55-58 most of the winter. Cold, cold, cold. Chris

I just bought 250 gallons at $1.59. That should last us thru early winter next year I am sure.

Just had 168.4 gallons today at $2.53 per gallon. We use it for heat (backup for wood stove) and tankless hot water. The last time it was filled in middle of March. Glad I have wood, hate to think what it'd be like without it!! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Greg
    Kioti CK30
    19 chickens

Just filled in April for $1.89 a gallon. Last fall, we locked the rate at $1.59 and were told the lock would expire in March and I should get another lock in April because that's when it's cheapest. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I waited to fill until April and then discovered that the new lock is 30 cents higher than the old one. It also will expire in August. And I only had to pay $39.95 for the privilege of buying the gas that much higher.

Next time I think I'll call just before the lock is set to expire to see what kind of pricing I can get.