Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #1 Spring Project

Re: #1 Spring Project

Well lets see... Yesterday it was 73F... I guess I'll start getting serious abouit fabricating my internal storm shutters to be ready for tornado season. I need to fabricate some super serious stainless steel piano hinges and the storm shutters that they will hold.

This IS Oklahoma so we could still get snow or a debilitating electricity stopping ise storm before spring begins in earnest.

I need to disk some fire breaks around my eastern 80 acres as we hope to burn it off fairly soon weather permitting.

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Yesterday it was 73F

[/ QUOTE ]

77 here, and it got warm enough in the house to turn on the air-conditioning. And my wife turned it on again this afternoon while I was mowing, edging, and trimming the lawns. I guess I'll go get fertilizer and put it down tomorrow.

Spring???

Here that means snow!
    March is the snowiest and April the second snowiest of the year. I don't dare do anything outside till late May, and if I value it I won't put it out till the early June hailstorms are over. LOL [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Dagnabbed Bird; It rained all day yesterday and our lawn is still solid white.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Mmmm, lets see. If it will stop raining for a week or so and the ground dries out, I can trench my water line in (350'' for the house were building. Fertilize and spray for weeds on the 25 acres we have in bermuda. Cut down Mesquite on the other 36 acres to prepare it for grazing. Fix all fences that all the water has done damage to because the creek overflowed. Get my cousin over here with his dozer, $$$$$$$, to fix the creek so hopefully it won't overflow again. Fix the crossing so I can get back to all those acres to do all the things previously mentioned, ( i can get back but not without a bumpy ride). Buy an Angus bull calf, $$$$$$. Oh, and did I mention, build a house. Me thinks I'm going to be busy. Oh, and try to get most of this done before the heat and humidity get here. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I know that all of you feel sorry for me right? Uhhh right?

Dick

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It rained all day yesterday

[/ QUOTE ]

Egon, it still hasn't really dried out around here. In fact, I got stuck twice in low spots mowing Monday, but got it done. Then I put down fertilizer and grub control on the lawns Tuesday, so I'm hoping that 30% to 40% chance of rain every day the next 3 or 4 days does give us just a little rain.

Don't see whay your problem is - just make up a schedule with 30 hour work days. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

My #1 Spring project is to get the engine back into the tractor (1946 Cletrac AG-6), sandblast &amp; paint the sheetmetal, and finish the restoration.

Of course, ALL of that is unlikely to happen - repairing roads, cleaning drainage ditches, rebuilding stone walls, turning the garden, cleaning up trees that came down during the winter -- all of that will take priority, just like last year! But this year I won't be planting trees, so maybe, just MAYBE I've got a chance, if everyone's health is good.

But I am one step ahead of last year - I actually worked on some of the restoration this winter - seat re-build &amp; re-upholstery is almost done! And I have gathered the last parts needed to complete the project.

<font color="blue">If you want to do what you want to do, then you have to do what you have to do. </font>