Thread: 360 degree laser levels

360 degree laser levels

Anyone using them? I see that there is one now that is 360 degrees but not a rotating laser. PLS 360E to be exact. I am looking for a 360 degree laser with interior/exterior ability. Interior is basically visible laser and exterior is sensor, preferably audio with sensitivity adjustment. My understanding is that sensors require pulsating laser which is why they typically are not as good indoors. Any thoughts on brands? I will be working primarily by myself and need the laser for grade and form setting. Candidates so far are PLS 360E and CST Berger model 600 with sensor. Any advice is welcome especially if you own something similar made by another company. Thanks, Rat...

Re: 360 degree laser levels

RaT , I have 1 I bought in the mid 90's still works great, course back then I gave over 1,000.00 for it. It paid for itself in the fact that I could use 1 less person , You don't need anyone to yell up a 1/4, or down 3/8's. Mine is the laser level, not rotary, it has a inverted cone of some highly polished material inside and the laser hits the cone and is diverted out. It is accurate to within 1/10" in 400 feet. It works well in or out. Mine is made by Spectravision. I still have 1 old builders transit that has set in the shop for 10 years or so now and I dought I ever use it again, or at least till the laser dies.HTH, Nat

Re: 360 degree laser levels

Thanks, NaT, RaT.