Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: illegal tire dump Help!!!

Re: illegal tire dump Help!!!

You can always count out the number of tires that you have and cut it by half and relocate them to your neighboors piles. Then you can put four in your trunk and take them to a tire place and tell them they forgot to take the old tires when you got new ones. It might work! Then you can do it over and over again until they are all gone.
    I have 6 acres in Colorado and plan on raising some butcher cows for meat and have a few horses

I don't know where in Colorado you have your 6 acres, but be prepared to feed lots if you only have 6 acres and plan on more than one horse or one cow...

As far as tires, we always collected some, need them to put around trees we plant (seedlings, until they get to about 2 foot tall) and fill that with water once a week or so when it's dry.

Check the yellow pages or do an internet search for tire recycling centers in your area, they will gladly take them most of the time, although you may have to deliver them. Also check with a small time tire shop in your area, most will take them if you are willing to pay the disposal fee.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

this week wv had a program REAP ,was in our county june 1,2,3 they will take rimless tires 10 per person,yesterday we loaded up 160 and sent.we pulled tires all day fro 2 days out of that pile,put a tag on the line{dont want to "steal" the nieghbors tires you know !} there were large truck tires w/rims who know how much they weighed,some was all i could do to stand them up. had a crew of 7 freinds, and we hit the pile. we got out about 280 rimed tires along with the one we took in they guy at the tire collection place said since i inherreted them that they would take the ones with the rims call them when we get them togeather, they will break them down for the rims, metal is $ here now. price is up pretty good. we had to use that part of our land that has been a hot spot withthe crazy neighbor. right beside her house, her wood pile was in the way{which is on us} that she hasnt moved.. it was tricky moving around it pulled up the tires w/4wheeler, made a big string 25-29 laced the cable thu and doug pulled them w/tractor to pick up site. i figured we have probs with diane beeing down there. she was at home but she didnt come out, the athoriteys know where i was,and it wouldnt take too long to get there{my sisiter in law was working 911 that day LOL} any way it looks so much better, still have about 200 to go ended up having apx 600 tires yikes! but her side is way bigger than mine.. feel so much better about the big mess.. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Rose

Rose, You may be mistaken about the wood. From what you have told us the neighbor is not a good communicator. Maybe she put "YOUR SHARE" of the wood on your side of the property line. If you really don't want or need it you could put up a sign, FREE FIRE WOOD. In order to validate your claims of "DUE DILLIGENCE" you need to put up a couple stakes and strecth a string or rope to show where the property like is so folks only pick up "YOUR" wood and not hers.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

yeah Pat i belive your right! it sure was neighborley of her to stack that wood for me! we sure could use it when were at the camp LOL not to mention the laddler and a few sheets of tin,.were gonna start the fence, gonna start out w a stand of high tencile wire . just to mark the line, she told me before my fence would be cut! i told her i was all about community service! got 62 acers need fenced, talked to some ppl about securiy cams. might not be a bad idea,

Suggest a few dummy cams mixed in to add to chaos.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Rose, You could wire an audio "wire cutting alarm" to that first wire.

Anyone around there with just a small bit of electronic savvy could help you git 'er done. You can do it battery operated or plug in the wall. If you go "plug in the wall" then you'll need a transformer to reduce the voltage to safe levels so as to not be accused of attempted murder.

Basically what you do is connect the fence wire as part of a complete circuit that includes either the battery or transformer low voltage secondary windings amd a relay coil. The relay is selected to match the power you supply (transformer secondary or battery.) In use the relay is continuously energized. If someone cuts the wire the relay "drops out." An alarm annunciator (junk yard car horn or whatever) is wired to the de-energized relay contacts so when the relay loses power (fence wire is cut) the horn blows.

There are many many ways to do similar things but this is pretty cheap and effective.

If there is a sudden shortage of electronic savvy in your area when you try to enlist some help, just let us know and I can sketch out the schematic drawing and post it. TRUST ME, anyone with 6th grade reading ability and knows enough to pick up something when told can do this from a sketch.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"