Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: illegal tire dump Help!!!

illegal tire dump Help!!!

we just bought some more land, looking for pasture field prospect.. there is a good bit of woodland there too extra bouns.. there is a few junk cars in one corner of field, i caled the DNR yesterday..to ask advice on how to take care of this prob. and to let him know that we just got the land and we want to take of the prob.. well.. merry xmas to me! i found out that there is one of the bigest illegay tire dump there in the co, and they been trying to bust some one for that for years!!!there is one prop. owner that is beside of us , most of the tires are on her, but she said she dont where the prop line is and most is on other land. the ol trick "it anint me officer" that phone call i made is the onky thing thats gonna save my butt withthe DNR..they are getting to raid that place this summer! with epa and other gov groups..i told him the prop has been survayed and he's more that welcome to come and walk the lines now if i have any thing on my side i want to get it taken care of..i can see it now, im out building fence doing my own farmer thing , black van pulls up doors fly open. gijoes come swat rolling up.. next thing you know im on the wall at local PO! I m a tree huggen, bunny lover, compost maker, organic gardener! and i get busted for illegal tires! is ther any group that will help rercalim land withthis prob ANy thing!!gonna have survay guys come out next week and put down lines so well know more then of who has the most of the mess. i think i may have a few over spill but not the main pile.... any sugestions would be lots of help Rose [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: illegal tire dump Help!!!

If you bought the property and there is an illegal tire ( or whatever ) dump that is in violation of state or federal laws, I think you should contract your title insurance policy company and probably a lawyer.

The problem of cleanup of the tires and/or whatever illegal dumping on the property may fall on the previous owners.

Disposing of a lot of tires at 5 dollars a tire ( the cost around here ) would put a big hurt on my budget.

yeah thats gonna cut in to my fence building fund! yuch!!!!!im cking local gov offices, and yeah it mayend up falling back on the previous owner.. most of the tires are on the "crazy woman" her x husband put them there from what i hear. thats what the DNR told me who did it..Rose

Just curious, but could you stack the tires, fill 'em up with dirt, and use them as fence posts? Just a thought. It would be sad to see you have to pay for something like disposal if it was supposed to have been done before the purchase. Maybe take lifes lemons and make lemonade.

good idea, not sure if i can legialy use them, if i could. heck, id bulid a camp out of them.. if not, gonna have to log that part of hill side to pay for removal. you'd think that there would be some gov. group that would help.. still looking.. i use a tire rim here for salt block holder..

oh thank you for getting me thinking.. i read your post this morning, and got the gears turning..LOL check out EPA and our state laws of reusing the tires.. after 5 hour of research i came up with a plan !i found on mother earth some one who built an solar house out of tires! we are going to build a shelter for our camper on the land,, im gonna use tires as post! pack them with dirt,cement them togather, then warp with chichen wire and stucko them! poof stucko pillers! they wont rot! gonna make picnic table legs for a table at the pond! i talked to the health dept to day..he was impressed with my plan. thanks again for getting me thinking instead of freaking out about the tire issue.... Rose [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That sounds like a good plan, make sure and let us see some pictures when you get done.

- Tim

Where are you at? Down here in Houston, TX. we can dump them at the landfill if they are cut into four sections. The problem with tires at the dump is that they have a tendency to come up out of the ground when buried whole. we also have tire recyclers. The recycler charges 65 cents a tire to take them, $2 if they still are mounted on a wheel. 65 cents beats cutting them up. How many tires are you talking about?

oh about 300 tires maybe, some are large truck tires. so hard to judge excatly how many are in the pile, half have the rims on them.. gonna start rolling them up from the dump soon a weather gets better. and i get a fence built..so much to do not enough daylight LOL one good thing i had the surveryer to come down and peg the tire dump, i own a very small portion.. Rose

Just be careful. Yellow jackets and other hornets like to build nests in tire piles.