Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: illegal tire dump Help!!!

Re: illegal tire dump Help!!!

If you could prove that the neighbor is the one responsible for the pile you might get away with bulldozing them back over the property line and then build a wall along the line. Or just walk your property line once or twice a week and chunk one tire at a time back over the line. It might take a year or two but unless they sit there and watched you they probably would never notice. If you did it over a period of time it would let the grass grow back and cover the bare spots. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

i dont know how close you are to neibors but if i wasnt going to choke anyone i would set them on fire and clean it up later.

The problem of cleanup of the tires and/or whatever illegal dumping on the property may fall on the previous owners.
    ================
    The Violation falls squarely on the current property owner not the previous owner.
    This is why you have to be very careful when you buy property.
    lb
    3 Kubotas
    1 BX23
    2 BX1500s

fish_wisperer,

You've certainly provided some good advice for Rose (brownmule) if she wants to get a whopper of a fine to pay and possibly jailtime as well! The uncontrolled burning of tires is ILLEGAL! Having worked for the PA Dept. of Environmental Protection's Bureau of Air Quality for over a decade, my advice would be to cooperate 110% with the state/federal authorities to resolve the issue (AND get a lawyer). In PA the cement industry burns thousands of tires per year in their kilns to reduce their fuel costs. There might be a facility using tire-derived fuel (TDF) near Rose (brownmule) that might be willing to take the tires for FREE, if delivered to their location. I would check into this option as it could defuse a really nasty situation.

im am working with DNR, and yes he told me i own the prop. i own the good and the bad! great [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] i wont burn them holy cow id burn the county down if i did. just gonna collect them, the ones at issue for now is the one with out rims{not compaining, but i worry about what may be leached in to ground water from them laying around} the issue is holding water, not run off from them, there is a tire co that will take them i hear for a fee, looking it to that, going to use the ones w/ rims to build bench legs for setting at the pond, and table legs at camp site. they will never rot! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Rose, I have been some confused by the environmental issue of old tires. On the one hand we in Oklahoma have a max mumber of used tires we are allowed to have in our possession (as thery are supposedlly a contaminant) but on the other hand the Departmant of Environmental Quality permits old tires to be course ground and used as a substitute for septic gravel in leach fields.

About the worst thing I can think of is that tires laying about collect water and breed mosquitos, which considering West Nile Fever and other mosquito born disease, is a dangerous thing.

Except for the mosquitos and UGLY what is the environmental impact of old tires?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Limiting the numbers of old tires in private storage may have to do with the possibility of them being set on fire??

I have heard they make good artificial reefs.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon, Mostly the tires in question are not so much stored together in a central location where they could make a big fire as they are scattered around.

Folks with bull dozers like to keep a supply on hand to throw out on the paved highway when crossing. That could be a fire hazard if not done with caution. Cables stretched across creeks, especially with rocky bottoms where posts are not practical, can have tires attached to the cables to form a stock fence with no posts (remember to make holes in the bottom so they drain and don't breed mosquitos.)

I would like to use old tires in retaining walls, dams, and other related projects but the prohibition based on numbers prevents that. I have a decent design for an arched dam using old tires and concrete but can't use it because of the tire prohibition. I wanted to use old tires for underwater concrete forms to cast load spreading feet for support columns and considered columns of old tires filled with rebar reinforced concrete for piers to hold up docks etc. but...

Not too likely that concrete filled tires, mostly underwater, would be a fire hazard. I don't think tires in retaining wall service are too much of a fire hazard. (See also Earthships, homes built of rammed earth in columns of old tires.)

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Patrick [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

(See also Earthships

That is one labour intensive house. Seen it long ago!

I do not know what the concern is with a moderate amount of tires. I do know of some sanctioned [Canadian ] sites that have caught fire. Makes for a lot of ugly smoke..

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

the DNR told us that the tires that have tread are not an isuue he also said a good tire holds as much water as a bald tire but thats what wv law says for now, the ones w/ rims are such a big deal to the st{ they are to me} they can write you a ticket for a bald tire leaning up against the building but not a good one, i have to get the prop line fenced before i get those tires out since ill be beside that nut case taking out my half. sure dont want to flick a chunk of mud on her lawn, or maybe a mule turd LOL waiting for lawyers to get it togeather..now she has to change lawyers since her lawyer is the one prosacuteing her son for a meth lab.. she's a little mad it him LOL. im cracking the whip at my lawyers heels. i need to get this under fence..gonna touch bases with DNR, letting them know why nothings been done on my part yet. should be a fun summer [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]