Thread: bought 62 ac ,neighbor aint"mr Rodgers!"

bought 62 ac ,neighbor aint\"mr Rodgers!\"

this goes with the illegal tire dump issue, this "out there where the buses dont run" lady has 2 acers my land goes all the way around her, she has a 7 mo old stallion horse that is a product of mother/ bother breeding. {getting the pic?} dont think her gene pool is too deep either. has been runningher horse on part of our land beside her house, the land became officaly ours monday. pd a good peice of change for it! i went after work tue and was taking soil samples, she came out yelling at me.wnating to know what i was doing and why! i told my daugher "come on its time to meet the nieghbors!"i knew i was gonna have probs w/her. so i figured lets get'r 'done !when she found out i was gonna have gov, men onthe proptery she was getting kinda freakie{i didnt know about tire dump then} i asked he to remover her horse from this field that i was gonna fence all my prop in. she told me that she would not remove her horse! i was very professional. i see no need to yell and have a peeing contest. state my bussiness and intentions. mean what i say and move on !im a straight up/dont threaten me unless u mean it kinda gal. {gosh does that sound like a wva redneck or what ? LOL} she wanted to to let her use the 6 acers there.since i had all the land, no one gave the land to me. ! and i work for aliving 3 jobs! she told me we had a prob that we sould see a lawyer! i agreeed. that ol gal is "putt'en the saddle on the wrong mule!"i ck wv law codes. she will have to pay me for 1/2 the fence beside her field.. several other things i found out. i dont want to cost share, i just want her genicly defisiant horse off my grass. i have 11 head and need all the land there is. she opened the door, now im afarid the beasty are gonna come out! all i want to do is farm!!! i didnt realize how hard that was gonna be! Rose [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: bought 62 ac ,neighbor aint\"mr Rodgers!\"

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would do everything you can to talk with her and settle it in a neighborly way. I would also document everything you say and when, as well as taking pictures of the “infractions”.

If she does not figure it out, then let her know what your expectations are and what you plan to do, in a fair way. Don’t let it get into a contest with her.

I would also consult a really good local attorney and see what they say.

Last thing, I would check with other neighbors and see what they say. Try to befriend them. If they get along with this other person perhaps they can assist. If they do not it helps to know you are not alone.

That’s my 2 cents……
    Mark

Re: bought 62 ac ,neighbor aint\"mr Rodgers!\"

yes your absoulty right,alls good in the neighborhood with the rest of the neighbors, they were all worried that some one would buy the land and devlope it in to housing, from what i understand this lady goes off the deep end every now and then,and proubly couldnt pass a *** test! Wounderfull! as long as she's not "gardening" on me i dont care what she does. when we were leaving the field she fired off a couple rounds up in the air when were out of range. i went to lawyers today and going to send her a letter of intent{ that were going to build fence, and clean up all the junk cars etc on our side.}.she knew we were gonna buy the land i met her last nov. while beeing showed the land, i told her then my ententions. the next door neighbor told two weeks ago that we were getting the land. so it shouldnt be a shock to her. and yes i document ,document, hopefully she'll get over beeing mad within the next 20 yrs and life will be tranquile...one could only hope! Rose