Thread: 16 ft flat bed trailer price

16 ft flat bed trailer price

im looking for a trailer to haul our small tractor on and for hay. i found some one who has one he just redone the floor and painted, he wants 1,500 for it is that a good price? i seen some dealers around but havent had a chance to ck them out yet. thanks Rose

Re: 16 ft flat bed trailer price

Hello Browie, I've did a lot of research on trailers for just what U want to do with them! Let me say that the price and the construction can vary considerable! I can buy a 16 ft trailers down here for $700+. What you got to watch is how they are bulit! For hauling a tractor you want a heavy duty with maxium weight axles! Now hauling a tractor and attachments, I'd go ahead and spend the money and buy a 20 footer(U'll be much happier).....On our 16 fters we can lay 4 rows of 5 bales of hay(20bales) and stack 5 high(100)! Even tied off we sometimes loss a bale here or there! It seems to always have a little(18 ins to 2 ft) left on trailer or hang over and with extra 2 ft of a 20fter would let us lay another row and not have to stack so many on top! Anyway back to subject: If trailer is heavy duty 1500 may be OK, but I'd put another 5 or so and get 20fter and be able to haul tractor with bushhog attached!!! Here's one more thing, If you went with a gooseneck type U'd have less people borrowing it, which will keep it from getting beat up so much!! Hope my confusion has helped! roho [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

the pricing on flatbeds is certainly regional. When I needed one in the Brazosport area of Texas 8 years ago, the best price I found - with electric brakes (and installing the controller on the truck) was $1300. That was far better than I could have ever hoped for in Alberta.
    Now, here in Michigan, it seems there's lots of competition. A heavy duty 16 footer would be in the $800 range with electric brakes. (my advice is don't buy anything that big - or bigger - without brakes ... especially if you plan on hauling tractors and the like).
    Not sure what the competion in WVa is .... but it shouldn't be much different than here. You might look around to see whether there's a free "Auto Trader" type weekly in your area ... the RV version of it has trailers and will give you a quick look at prices within driving distance.

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

thanks for input guys, i went and looked at trailor yesterday, steve will sell it to me for 1,300. { i used to be thair family hairdresser for years till i closed my shop} its a heavy duty, good floor and suports. with ramps.. and brakes! extra bouns! proubly the best om gonna do here... thanks again Rose [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I paid well under $2000 for a 12,000 pound rated double axle trailer with electric brakes, steel diamond plate floor, ramps, 16 inch wheels with load range "E" tires, a bulldog coupler and a tongue jack rated well over 10,000 lbs. It has, of course, all the lights and reflectors and reflective tape and a battery operated break away safety braking system and a spare tire mounted on the tongue. It is about 18' 3" of usable floor length and has a "semi" dovetail with stake pockets all the way 'round. I have bought two in the last 3-4 years. Folks come from several states to this small family owned trailer manufacturer to get their quality trailers at good prices. I have seen several larger gooseneck trailers leave with 5-6 smaller trailers on top. The trailers are pried such that folks buy them to resell where trailers are more expensive.

You can find cheaper trailers. Maybe you can find better built trailers. I have never seen anyone beat their quality/price ratio. Friendss I have met via TBN drove up from Texas after shopping and shopping and shopping and bought a Holt trailer.

http://myweb.cableone.net/holt9539/index.htm

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"