Thread: PANALIZED HOMES

PANALIZED HOMES

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS PURCHASED A PANALIZED HOME? I'VE BEEN LOOKING INTO HBN SALES, AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL VS STICK BUILDING. I TALKED TO A REPRESENTATIVE, AND GOT ALL MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED. SO FAR IT SOUNDS GOOD, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THROUGH IT, AND WHAT IF ANY PROBLEMS DID YOU RUN INTO? WHAT WAS THE FINAL PRICE PER SQFT, AND WHAT COMPANY DID YOU GO THROUGH?

Re: PANALIZED HOMES

Every "NEW" methodology has its cheerleaders. Rarely will a salesperson talk their own product down. Everyone has "the best" method SIPS, ICFs, rammed earth, whatever. Some very good energy efficient homes have been constructed in SIPS. There are also horror stories ouit there When it comes to the materials supplier, CHOOSE WISELY grasshopper. These can go together like a dream... or a nightmare. Be wary of claims. Anything that sounds too good to be true, might be.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: PANALIZED HOMES

We are in the process of building a SIPS house right now. We chose a company in Arlington Texas called Korwall. So far things are going smoothly. Have a friend who is also building with SIPS. His project has hit some snags. He chose to erect the home himself rather than having the company do it. It's been 6 months and his house is still not in the dry. Korwall will have our home in the dry in 2 days, once the panels are on sight. Lead time for our panels right now is 4 months--6 other homes are in front of ours in the production line.
    Before deciding on Korwall, we visited with 12 other companies. Take your time deciding, each one is a little bit different. You might be interested in looking at www.sips.org