Thread: Reliability of DirecTV vs Dish Network

Hybrid View

Re: Reliability of DirecTV vs Dish Network

For us it was simple. When we finished the house and called direct it was going to cost us I think $75 but I think it was more. New customers were installed for free though. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] This was a move of less than a quarter of a mile. I could have moved it myself but it wouldn't have been their installation. They had also given us the run around for six months about picking up the local channels and also which we would be gettting and additional equipment costs to recieve them. Their service was great though and we didn't have any problems for 9 years.
    We called Dish which we knew had been offering local channels for about a year. They said no problem and free installation. This was with four recievers. Two of these are UHF and are connected to the two other recievers but can watch different channels. They only charge for two recievers.

We decided to give direct a final call and they pretty much said they wouldn't budge about the moving fee and they hated to loose us but that was all. When we did go in to drop off the equipment there were twelve units on the floor. The girl at the desk was watching one of the local channels and we asked her if they had finally gotten the locals she said no it was cable.

After one year with Dish so far so good, I guess I'll find out if something goes wrong. I think alot of it depends on the local people who take care of the equipment. I do like the fact that I can have actually five TV's since the one in the basement is tied in with the reciever in the guest room and is UHF, the controller works from down there and I can hide out when thing get too hectic upstairs. I grin everytime when I hear ," Do you know where your father is?" [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Poorboy

Re: Reliability of DirecTV vs Dish Network

I have Charter communications. It finally went to 50$ a month for 78 channels. I need to change !!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]