Thread: Wood Lathes on Sale

Wood Lathes on Sale

I had been wanting another lathe to replace the small, cheap lathe that I had. A good lathe is expensive and a specialty tool, so it was put lower on the list of must have tools. I was steered onto the Harbor Freight lathe on another forum and went to a HF store to take a look. The lathe is the exact same lathe as a Jet that cost $400 more. The casting and paint are a little rougher but cosmetics aside it is the same lathe. If you buy in store, they have a special sale on the lathe for $189. Buy the 2 year, no questions asked, free replacement warranty for $34 and you are still cheaper than the catalog price. I picked one up and am well satisfied with the lathe, a lot of bang for the buck! I can't get the site page to load, but the lathes item number is 34706

Re: Wood Lathes on Sale

HarborFreight.com wood lathe special

This URL will get you to harbor Freight and you have to enter the stock number into their "FIND ITEM" in the upper left hand corner. 34706

Tried to put the exact url to save the bother of entering the number but it didn't work for me either!

Thanks for the heads up!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I have a Jet, and that does look a lot like it. However, the bearing etc. may or may not be as good. Might be better, who knows for sure. How the runout on the live center?

I have a Nova chuck on mine and it works well.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I will have to check it and let you know. Just got it assembled and had other things to do.

Using a dial indicator with a magnetic base, the run out on the drive center measures .0015. Not too shabby for a wood lathe, eh!

Nope, that's really good. Better than I expected actually.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?