Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best way to get more pull out of my Dodge?

Re: Best way to get more pull out of my Dodge?

mfaley; I just can'y contain myself any longer, the answer to your problem is to go out and get a POWERSTROKE! [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] That's only my opinion. Like cowboydoc saying, the programmers that Superchips put out work great. Myself, like him, run on the low setting. I don't have a pyrometer either. Next stroker I get I will though. Just joking about the Stroker though, that little Cummins may just actually be a better engine than the Navstar. But I think that you get a lot of bang for the buck with a good programmer. Also changing out to a less restrictive exhaust would help to keep the egt's down, let alone sound really bad. Some guys around here leave the stock pipes on, and get rid of the muffler. Doesn't really produce an unpleasant sound like one might expect, and the turbo spins up quicker, giving you a little more seat of the pants fun. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Trucks are red, Tractors are blue.

Alright…..now did you really need to say that? [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I know you have 6 cylinder envy but the good news is that there is a 12 step self help program on the internet for free that should help you. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, I like most pickups as long as I can pull my horse trailers safely. I have had really good luck with the Dodge and would be hard pressed to switch. Besides…..I can’t hear a three year old stud colt kicking the trailer walls when I fire my rattle trap up.

I am thinking that if I can swing it, I will get the programmer, then the exhaust brake and then do the exhaust. I am pretty sure I don’t want to be the slowest thing on the road climbing a big grade and I can say for sure I don’t want to be the fastest going down the other side.

Mark

For stopping power remember not all brake pads are created equal. Some will preform much better than the stock version.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Y'all need this...

Ford with a real engine

Robert; Thanks, interesting site. But for me, it doesn't seem worth the expense. If I ever have to replace the Stroker, I can get a whole new engine for around 1/2 the cost of the conversion. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

mfaley; What have you decided to do with your Dodge? And yes, I just had to say that. Actually, I like the Cummins as well as the Stroker, they both work well for any application I have. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Trucks are red, Tractors are blue.

Friends don't let friends go with the Fraud Power Joke.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

98% of all fords are still on the road..... the other 2% actually made it home. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

In reality I think most of us actually bought a cummins, it just happened to be in a Dodge.

Hopefully, the Dodge part will last as long as the Cummins.

<font color="blue"> 98% of all fords are still on the road..... the other 2% actually made it home. </font color>

HEY!

That's our favorite Harley Davidson saying ... you can't just steal it like that [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

I think I am going to go with the reprogramer that Richard suggested and then the exhaust brake and the the exhaust.

Now its just a foot race with the boss to see who can spend the money first.....either the truck is going to pull the trailer better or we are going to have new filly in the barn. And more vet bills. And more training bills. And more feed bills. And more ....... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

What kind of filly and papers are you looking at for a new filly Mark?