Don, thanks for the info. You've done some very nice work! That's exactly the size of island we are thinking of.

I'm still looking into grills, Don you had mentioned 64,000 BTU grill being basic, is that a minimum output that you would recommend? It will be a NG unit, as I'm done with the bottle hassles, was wanting to stay with a lower cost of the unit so that some the extras the Mrs wants can go into the project.

For the construction of the island, I know better than to build around the grill unit with combustibles, I do like your all metal framework, may just have to budget for a TIG and plasma cutter instead of pond and hot tub.

How do these grills get fresh air? Do they need to have vents built into the cabinets? If so, is there a formula for figuring this out, like a certain amount of BTU's to so many square inches of openings? It will probably depend on manufacture, so I guess I had better find me a dealer.

Bird, that must have been some dog you had [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for all your information
Tom