Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Post-Border Closed

Re: Missing Post-Border Closed

Ron:

Not being blessed as a wise man I'm afraid I'm unable to answere your question with anything even remotely approaching accuracy.

The solution is very simple and very easy to apply. Feed Ruminants the food Herbivore's require. This may entail an increase in market price to the producer.

The human derivate of the disease can/and has been missdiagnosed as other more common illness for many years. More than we would like to fess up to.

I'd suggest the animal form may be present in almost all countries wether we like it or not.

I eat Beef.

50 years from now I shall not be bothered by it.

If one really takes it seriously switch to a vegetarian diet heavy on corn and beans to provide all the amino acids our bodies require for digestion. Try and stick to plants that are not fertilized. They grow slower and may have time to assimilate more essential minerals.

Egon

This has become one of the longest running threads in the history of the internet. Will it ever move on?

<font color="blue"> If one really takes it seriously switch to a vegetarian diet heavy on corn and beans to provide all the amino acids our bodies require for digestion. Try and stick to plants that are not fertilized. They grow slower and may have time to assimilate more essential minerals. </font color>

Egon
    Maybe that is why sometimes I get carried away with caring about the safety of my beef , I don't think I could ever function as a "vegetarian". Years ago when Public Health was a concern of gov't, They would Idendify and isolate the epidemic, then "POLITCAL CORRECTNESS " became policy That was the end of
    common sense, they dropped the ball on "AIDS" and now they are trying to drop the ball with BSE, why live with this disease when it can be defeated in its early stages before it becomes acceptable , like just another disease that is part of life
    One of the only things that "All"(?) agree is that contaminated feed is the primary way this BSE is spread - that is why organic, grass fed beef is looking better and better even if I have to raise them myself to make sure no feed is fed to these animals

Ron

Sorry haven't been over here. The post wasn't pulled but was accidently moved. One of the members posted a religious post and that was removed. In the process the wrong button was pushed and the thread was deleted instead of just the one religious post. I'm sorry for the confusion and the lost thread. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Ah....issue resolved. No harm/no foul so time to move on.

Mark

Ron,
    I certainly can't answer your what-if .... and science never can answer what-ifs ... because the questions keep getting further and further away from reality with every answer.

When I read your "interesting" post, my first thought was .... What if Ron is another of those nutcase vegans who does everything he can to try and get people to stop eating tasty animals. Now, I'm not saying you are ... but "what if ....."

If you want to counter science with science, or fact with fact, I get a lot of fun out of doing research and debating.
    If you want to just play what-if games ... sorry .... I get enough of that stuff arguing why Social Security is a ponzi scheme. When my comments are simply twisted around to dustract from the argument, then I simply lose interest ... sorry.
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

wing nut
    you know I had those same what if's about you when you started stressing how you did not have a "Financial" interest
    in the border opening? what if Pete was a Canadian farmer, what if Pete's family lived in Canada, had a beef ranch, and interest in the border opening. Now I'm not saying you are...but "what if"
    Pete , just in case you don't Know I put your words in blue letters, these are Direct Quotes of your words, no words are changed, no words are rearranged, no periods or coma's moved , they are exact copies of your words. Let me give you a example of a direct quote, you responded to me on that missing thread: "Border Will Remain Closed"

<font color="blue"> Ron .... I enjoy banter and debate and try to be open and a little sardonic and/or humorous ... because otherwise things get too bucolic and it gets into a religious/political/NorthvsSouth kinda thing.
    Neither means that I'm completely serious nor completely irreverant. </font color> Just in case you don't remember the above is a EXACT copy, not a word changed,or a period moved. So , naturally can you show me how your above words were twisted?

Pete , I don't have a problem with you saying it (anything), but YOU seem to have a problem with me replying to it

Maybe to avoid "Clinton Semantics" can you tell me the meaning of <font color="blue"> twisted </font color> IS
    While you are at it maybe you can explain your words above <font color="blue">Neither means that I'm completely serious nor completely irreverant. </font color>? semantics??????
    Now Pete, if you can't handle what if's, let me help you by changing a few words in that farm pond /fishing "what if"analogy
    "Farmer" change to Canadian Rancher
    "Fishing pond" change to Canadian Beef Industry
    the four "floating"/sick fish change to the 4 confirmed BSE cases in Canada, Pete you get what I'm saying , right?
    Now surprise Pete, I'm going to use my own words/Quote from one of my responses to a post of yours and I'm going to use green letters so there is no confusion
    <font color="green"> Pete
    Sorry for taking you serious, I promise I won't do that again, you should have told me its just "tongue in cheek" and "humorous" fun you were having with me. I actually thought we were discussing science, my mistake. Next time I'll chill out before I answer you </font color>
    [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] JUST KIDDING or serious ??????????????
    P.S. I have to leave now those BBQ steaks I had for dinner are repeating on me [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

Ron

<font color="green"> ***********UPDATE************ </font color>
    <font color="blue">Judge sets July 27 as hearing date for R-CALF lawsuit

by Pete Hisey on 3/21/05 for Meatingplace.com

Judge Richard Cebull has set a date of July 27, 2005, for the beginning of a hearing to determine if a permanent injunction should be granted to keep the Canadian border closed to imports of Canadian cattle.

Meanwhile, USDA has appealed the injunction to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. </font color>

Now the Courts hopefully will get this one "right "??????

Just to throw a curve ball into the mix , how about a compromise [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Country Of Origin Label "COOL"
    if Canadian beef is "LABELED" Canadian Beef, giving me the CHOICE of whether to buy cheaper Canadian Beef ( hello wingnut) or more expensive US Beef( hello cowboydoc).
    Details such as Canadian beef must be processed in Canada and US Beef must be processed in US to avoid cross contamination and other details I don't know about will have to worked out. This way the Facts of where that steak came from will influence the purchase
    of people like me who care about food safety. One way to let the consumer decide! If Canadian beef sits and rots on the shelf, because of food safety fears, at least it won't hurt the US beef industry OR US Beef sits and rots because there is no fear and people would rather pay less for their food

RON

I probably should leave well enough alone, but, what the heck, I'm tired of hearing about right to live/die. In blue you showed my comment, which ended with <font color="blue"> Neither means that I'm completely serious nor completely irreverant. </font color>
    then you posted your comment in red (or green? I'm colorblind)
    <font color="red"> Sorry for taking you serious, I promise I won't do that again, </font color>

What part of <font color="blue"> completely </font color> was it that you didn't understand?

I'm glad you're not asking about my financial interest, especially since I already made it clear. Maybe not clear enough for someone interpreting my words ... but I assure you, Ron, there's no need to dig very deeply into them. I find it much easier to just say what I mean ... 'cause it confuses the heck out of liberals who distrust anything simple and unvarnished.

You want to know how I thought my words were twisted, hmm? Well ... as you showed in your response, I said that I was from Alberta, had a STEP-brother who raised cattle, and I had NO financial interest in a border closing. Instead of accepting the 'NO', you made much of the fact that I have a step-brother in the 'business' and that I was Canadian. I would certainly call that twisting, since you were, basically, calling me a liar. No big deal, actually .... I'm very used to that attitude from people that have already made up their minds and aren't really debating ... just preaching to the choir.

So, I'll leave it there and wish you a pleasant BBQ .... hope the steaks were good and tender.

pete

it's a shame that common sense isn't

Here we go with Clinton Semantics, problem is no matter how hard you try ( like Bill kept trying) it does not work.
    Two things I will address that have any meaning in your response - since you are colorblind, I'll use ("" to let you know I'm Quoting you, Ready? here we go:

1 ("" Neither means that I'm completely serious nor completely irreverant."") Sounds like you want it both ways, does it matter what side of the bed you get up on? What was it today, were you not completely IRRELEVANT today, maybe I should flip a coin to find out. Here , since you love playing what ifs amd word games
    Its not one word in that sentence standing alone, it is the whole sentence. If you want to pick out the most important word in that sentence its the word (""nor"") means you want it both ways
    Try this for size
    Neither means that I'm completely Truthful nor completely dishonest, now take out "completely" and what do you have :
    Neither means I'm Truthful nor dishonest, sentence basically means the same so how important is that word "completely"
    "Completely" is just a distraction, just like you assume I'm a liberal, another distraction attempt, you know what they say about the word assume. but don't let the facts get in the way , today might be your "IRRELEVANT" day, who Knows?? and that is just the way you want it, slick willy? or just wingnut being wingnut?

2 ("" I said that I was from Alberta,"")
    lets get this straight
    you "admitted" you were Canadian. I read alot of your old posts to try and figure you out, and then I asked you directly:

MY QUOTE in a post to you
    " You are a Canadian
    You would be living in Alberta Canada, but your Company moved your job to the US, Michigan"

Your Quote in response to my Direct question
    (""but the fact that a) my American citizenship application is still in the "pile","") typical having it both ways, Canadian becoming an American/US citizen?? yes???? Could you please give me a link to that post you said('"I said that I was from Alberta,"") was I involved with that post? I must have missed it?

you did give up your step brother, a beef rancher who lives in Alberta, by yourself, when you kept trying to stress you have no "Financial " interest in a earlier post
    Do you think with the above Facts YOU might have a little more interest (financial or personnal) then me in that border being open?, you want me to take your word, O.K. I will take you for your word- this is what you want me to believe, that you don't care about your step brother, and you could care less that the economy in Alberta, might be heading toward a third world economy due to the collaspe of the beef industry, also, it doesn't matter you would still be living in Alberta, Canada, If your company had not transfered you to Michigan, your just a Canadian who does not care about family or country. If thats what you want me to believe then so be it, I believe you ? now on the opposite end you just won't believe My concern is strictly the food safety, I DON"T have a step brother in the US Cattle Industry, I DON'T have family in the midwest indirectly dependant on the cattle industry for the economy of the state they live in, I NEVER lived in a cattle state that I might return to in the future, YOU DON'T believe I'm retired and that I get my pension whether the border is open or closed, from the beginning you tried to say that most people have a financial interest in the border being closed, when that did not work I became a (""NUTCASE VEGAN"") when that failed I became a (""LIBERAL"") these are your words not mine - those accusations don't matter ,right Pete, because your neither completely serious nor completely irrelevant, right pete, the trust you seem to demand from other people you refuse to give
    Just in case, Pete, you would like to see all your responses I'm quoting, oh I forgot , "twisting" and which you apparently DON'T like having to defend word for word, here is a link to the Missing Post "Border will remain closed" with words like("" twisting"") and ("" liar"") coming from your last post MAYBE its time for a MOLSON, Pete , or if its warm enough in Mich. maybe you should take a long ride on your bike ( goldwing? ) and chill out , but be safe , I'm beginning to enjoy our conversations , even though they defy logic [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

P.S.sorry to get off our little sardonic and/or humorous conversation , but what do you think of the Country Of Origin Label compromise, it might work because (""cause it confuses the heck out of lib____s who distrust anything simple and unvarnished."")

Ron