Thread: Really Enjoy my Porter-Cable FR350A

Really Enjoy my Porter-Cable FR350A

In searching for a framing nailer I tried the Paslode and looked at the Hitachi, but could not pass up the value of the Porter-Cable FR350A. Home Depot wanted $230.00, plus tax. I got it from Amazon for $210 less a $25.00 coupon (i.e. $185.00) free shipping and no tax.

The agressive toe nailing feature was better than what I could get the Paslode to do. It even has a "touch fire" trigger, should I ever use it for roofing.

I am not a pro, but thought this might help anyone on a similar quest. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Really Enjoy my Porter-Cable FR350A

Mysticokra, be careful with that Porter-Cable. Search this board for FR350 and read my post from 2003. I'm going to try to post the link here but if it does not work you will have to search.
    Link

It has been well over a year since my accident with the Porter-Cable framing nailer and my finger has not healed to where it was prior to the accident..

CPSC investigated but apparently have not done anything about getting the FR350 recalled as they are still being sold.

Bob

"I first thing I did when I got my Porter Cable nailer last year was convert it to single fire. All the parts were included in the outfit I bought. I have been around enough construction sites and seen accidents that the rapid fire has caused. If you are using the nailers every day you may miss the speed but for me that is not a concern. "

That is a quote from the same link. Double fires are typical, my Senco and my Bostich do it, the Hitachi I used at work did it, my brothers Paslode did it, in other words, I don' believe it is always going to be brand related. If you have problems, do the single fire trigger. My Bostich came with that ability.

Thanks for the heads up. This is a 350A, not a 350.
    They seem to have upgraded some common complaints on the 350. It also comes defaulted to single shot mode.