Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tool aquistion addiction

Re: Tool aquistion addiction

EM14, If only it was contagious then for a small fee I could have her infect the person of your choice.

It goes way beyond tools into other boy toys and activities. She has flown with me in light planes all over the country, got her open ocean SCUBA qual to dive with me, back packed all over the western US and Baja California with me, gone dunebuggying, camping, late night astrophoto sessions in remote locals, took training to qualify as a navigator, communicator, and crewman towmaster so she could go out with me on coastal search and rescue missions (USCG Aux for 10 years), and even lived with me on a sailboat for 9 years.

She even agreed to move to ground zero of tornado alley if I would make our bedroom be our safe room (mission accomplished)...

You don't find 'em like this everyday!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

EM14

Pat is still unaware of the concept of leading by following. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

Maybe he's learned it and just doesn't care? If you're going in the right direction, does it matter who's leading? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Gentlemen, My motto is "Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!" I once received this statement emblazoned on a plaque as a gift from some Naval folk for whom I was designing a courseware authoring system. They told me that whether I knew it or not, this was the guiding principle I seemed to have adopted. I like it. It pretty well sums up my attitude.

Consider that any movement in the correct direction, however small, is progress. So whether you are acquiring a large tool or a small one, it is a good thing.

I am proud to announce that there is no 12 step program for tool acquirers and that is because none is needed since man is a tool making and using animal whose manifest destiny is to acquire and use tools.

Some miscreant has put out this blatantly stupid comment:

The only 2 tools you will ever need are WD-40 and Duct Tape.

If it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape. If it doesnt move and it should, use the WD-40.

We must find this ignorant misguided fool and re-educate him (or get him a shot of testosterone.)

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Here I figured there was only one tool required and it was pretty light to carry but took a lot effort to obtain! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm a follower - seems like someone is always way ahead of me.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Is anyone else out there suffering from "Tool Aquasition Syndrome" ?

Egon

[/ QUOTE ] </font color>

SWMBO calls me a "tool collector".

Hey! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I resemble that remark! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

SUFFERING? No! My bank account might be suffering, but I'm in hog heaven.
    Carpenter by day, Farmer by night, weekends, days off, spare time, holidays, vacations, ect...

Got a real simple system to feed my addiction.Wife is addicted to shoes.Two closets that I built shelves in that hold nothing else shows that.Anytime she wants another pair,sure no problem go ahead,oh by the way there is this tool I really need.It's all give and take as they say. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]