Hello all,

I've run into a little problem with a project I've been working on for my church and would like some advise about .wav files converting to .mp3 files.

I am collecting sermon tapes from our church library and editing them to be played on the local radio station. Sermons can be no longer than 40 mins and are to be delivered to the radio station one week ahead of time.

So far I've been recording only the sermons ( editing out the hymns and prayers before and after ) from cassettes into the computer using an analog to digital interface from the RCA jacks on the back of the cass. deck into a USB port on the back of the computer.

The included software is called LP Recorder and it works pretty well - just hit the record button on the computer screen and then hit the play button on the cassette. The recording levels can be adjusted to optimize the volume of the recording. In the end, I have a new .wav file created with a 35 - 38 minute sermon recorded.

Now I have to convert this wav file into a mp3 file so that I can attach it to an email and email it to the radio station for broadcast.

My problem is that the other program included with LP Recorder is LP Ripper which is supposed to be capable of converting wav files to mp3 files, but it doesn't. The manual suggests using another program " such as MusicMatch " to do this. I don't have this program and am running out of time before the first broadcast.

I have found the breadth of knowledge on this website to be ammazing and am hoping someone is familiar with sound editing and recording on computers. If so, I have a few questions:

1. Should I just record these as mp3 files in the first place? If so, then how?

2. Why can't I just leave these files as wav files and email them that way?

3. Is the sound quality the same in wav files and mp3 files?

4. What is the easiest / least expensive way to convert my current wav files into mp3 ' s?

5. Is anyone on the board familiar with MusicMatch or the programs I'm using? How can I get this program if it is a good program?

Thank you very much in advance

Leef