In the past, I bought most of my plants from the local garden centers, Lowes, Home Depot, WalMart, etc. There were a fair number of tomato varieties available, though Better Boy, Avalanch and a few others dominated. I picked up some Park's Whoppers from Home Depot two years ago, and we really liked them, so I looked around last year until I found them again...at Home Depot. This year, I got myself a "mini greenhouse", actually just a four shelf unit with a plastic cover, to which I added a couple of cheap grow lights. So....the great tomato experiment begins! So far, I have three Park's varieties going: Whoppers, Razzleberry, and Beefy Boy. To them I've added Brandywine, Beefmaster, Roma, San Marzano, a red Cherry, Snow White Cherry, and a tomatillo. I'm going to see if I can find seeds for one of the dark purple-black cherries, like Cherokee Purple or Carbon locally, since I don't want to mail order just one pack of seeds. That should give me a decent variety of tomatoes. I don't care for the yellow tomatoes usually, and the Snow White cherry is the only one of those I'll have. What are the rest of you doing for tomatoes this year? Also, if you've grown tomatillos, do I need to stake those?

Chuck