Thread: Hello i would like to introduce myself.

Hello i would like to introduce myself.

Hi Yall

It has been my life long dream to live on a farm since the time i was very little. When i was little til i was 21 i lived in a country setting in Western pan handle of Maryland, although we never lived on a farm. We were never far from them and most of great aunts and uncles and cousins farmed. Some how the "sweetish smelling" spring manure being spread on fields is very comforting to me. I even joined the FFA and took Vo.Ag. classes, i could have graduated in the Vo.Ag. Pathway.. or Fine Arts ( for art).. but i graduated in the Math/Science pathway.

I moved to be closer to my then Boyfriend and ended up in a city( although the people who lived there said it was "such a small town" usually with discust in their voices.) I constantly felt like i was in a tense unfriendly situation when i stepped out the door.

A few months ago we moved to a more rural setting, we both hate the house and hate the land. We lost our dog after getting here. It is great to be back in the country though, but it still isn't exactly what i am wanting.

Plus as i look forward to wanting to start having children of my own i want to .. well .. protect them ( and myself) a little from the outside world. I think that i grew up more nieve then i thought since i lived in the country. I want to be able to spend more time at home even if i am working. I also want to be more self sufficient.

I have tons of ideas and questions... as usual .. as they say curiosity killed the cat ... i am glad though because i must have my weight in cat lives *LOL*
    Michelle

Just a country girl at heart wanting that country life back and the farm of her dreams.

Re: Hello i would like to introduce myself.

May your dreams come to frution.

Work - locations - groceries on table - children - and ones own want's may require some concesions. Some items you can influence - others are well beyond our ability to alter. Make the best of of everyday and keep smilling! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Egon

qtkitty,
    Welcome to CBN. Always nice to get a new member on the site and in the country. Especially those that appreciate the finer things in life. The property is what you make it so don't be to down on it. Things will turn around to your liking, They always seem to do that. The group here is great. I have learned so much just from the reading alone. I know you will benefit greatly from this site.
    Don't forget to enter your profile info. This will help some of us answer some of your questions, especially if it is a regional one.
    Don't forget about TBN (Tractor By-Net) also. Even if you don't yet have a tractor the group can help you decide what to get. If you are in the country you will definitely need a new set of wheels. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Not all info there is about tractors either. Just thought you ought to know.

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Michelle, just don't give up, if you keep trying you'll be a farmgirl eventually. My wife and I both grew up in the suburbs and always longed for a farm. It took us a long time, but now we're living our dream, running our farm. We have a goat dairy, an egg business with free range chickens and just started breeding heritage breed pigs.

You gotta do more than dream, you gotta keep pushing for it, and make it happen. If we could do it, anyone can.

Good luck, and ask all the questions you want, that's what CBN is for!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

egon ~~ thank you very much

tperez ~~ It is truely amazing how many simple pleasures we take for granted when we live in the country. You do not learn until you move away how spectacular they really are. Then all you want to do is get back there.

We are presently on 2 acres with a small home with a large storage building out back which is rented. Our landlord gives us mixed signals a lot so we do not want to mess around to much. Basically we can get a lower- no rent for doing fixer-up work around the place so thats a big reason we moved here.

Thank you very much i will go check my profile * nods* . We dont need a tractor as of yet, of course we mowed our lawn with Kevin's dad's tractor last time *LOL* We still need to use his "bush hog" attachment to clean out the rest of the overgrown areas. but i will definately check out that site... the more information the better i say *G*.

RichZ ~~ Oh i definately will not give up .. i will keep looking and researching .. making the best decisions for a smaller farm so that it can be at it's most productive.

I just keep re-working and revamping animals and crops to the things i would want to work with and want to have on the dinner plate [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] and what works best for them on small areas.

Hehe oh i am full of questions .. plus i love discussing things because i like to learn what others know about subjects and see what they have to say about what i have learned and critic me .. because living it is better then any research, although research does make living better .. but anyways i am sure YKWIM
    Michelle

Just a country girl at heart wanting that country life back and the farm of her dreams.

Welcome !!!

Good luck on your search.

I know personally that ANYTHING outside a city is better than being in a city.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

OH YEAH you can say that again !! ... and i wasn't even in charolette... come to think of it i think i was there once and it freaked me out! it was like a whole different world.
    Michelle

Hi QT, *scratches her behind the ears, welcome!!* [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

hehehe tanks
    Michelle