Thread: jeep console

jeep console

I'm trying to remove the center console on a 2000 cherokee. I have all the screws out and the unit is loose, I just can't figure out how to get it off with the emergency brake handle and the shifter lever. I can only get so far and then I'm stuck. Any suggestions???

Re: jeep console

I design gm consoles and can only guess their is a snap in trim cover that needs to be popped out and manuevered off the brake handle first. Why are you taking it off?

Re: jeep console

rdln, I did get it off, I had to raise the parking brake handle as high a I could, then it lifted right out. The reason I took it out was, My 4 wheel dash light stopped working so I pulled the dash to check the bulbs (they were all right) So I thought there might be a switch on the transfer case shifter. Of course, after I got the console out, no Switch. Someone told me it might be inside the transfer case so at least I got to clean the console real good. And of course the same day I dumped 1/2 a glass of soda all over the console. At least I know how to take it out now. If you have any suggestions on the 4 wheel dash lights it would be appreciated. Thanks.