Thread: Inexpensive pressure washer

Inexpensive pressure washer

Last month I purchased an inexpensive pressure washer. Yesterday I used it or tried to. One quick coupler was broken. Back to the store and had it replaced. This one lasted about an hour. Broken O ring and broken plastic latch for nozzle. Back to store - added some more dollars and came home with a better quality one.

Works well but the cars and trucks still need some hand attention for a decent job.

Washed the underside of the truck and flushed out all the frame members. It really wasn't much fun as it was cool, +7C out and cloudy with the odd snow squall.

Now the main reason for this post. The tractor was washed. Used dishdetergent soap in the dispenser to remove the years of accumulated layers of grease, oil and dirt. Poor little machine didn't understand what had happened to it.

It had almost been replaced by a year old B7800 with 200 hours for a total difference including taxes of $14,000. Almost but not quite within my meager income. Still under consideration; but, and a big but - the B7800 will do lots my little B7100 can't but it still will not be able to do the big jobs. The only real advantage I could see was power steering and weight loss as the grocery budget would have to be pared down.

Dream along Dream along

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Inexpensive pressure washer

Egon, Had I not been building a house against which I can amortize my Kubota L4610, I would have had to settle for less tractor. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I can't do the big jobs either but small and medium go well with it.

About upsizing your tractor... No one ever complains that his tractor is too powerful and gets the work done too fast or easy.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Inexpensive pressure washer

My Kubota L48 was too big, powerful enough, but way to slow, I downsized to a L3830 and now I just "dream along, dream along" [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]