Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Or'deurves???

Or\'deurves???

I'm lookin for something I can put on the grill , maybe grilled wrapped chciken livers or something, i would prefer something I can just put rihgt on, but would think about something on little skewers.

Anyone got any favorite grilled finger foods?? [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Or\'deurves???

If they're too small to just put on the grill, and you don't want to use skewers, I just put foil on the grill and punch lots of holes in it with a fork. That's the way I used to smoke oysters.

I love smoked oysters in a can, I always thought they would be too sqishy for a skewer... Hmm I wonder if I can wrap them in bacn with a toothpick like Ramaki??

One of my favorites is curried chicken wings. Wash the wings. Put salt, pepper, and curry powder on them. Barbecue them on a very low fire. They take a little while but they are worth the wait. We have them at outdoor parties and eat them right off the grill as they are done.

RonL

I never tried wrapping oysters with anything; suspect it might be hard to do. I just left them overnight in the same kind of brine I used to smoke salmon and other fish, then put them on the foil in the smoker spaced just enough that they weren't touching each other. Pretty tasty on crackers.

I have never cooked this on a grill but suppsoe you could on some aluminim foil but I never cooked this and had one left over.

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp

1 package of uncooked tail off shrimp medium size I like Contessa brand others work.

One package of center cut bacon. Must be center cut.

Teraki sauce the brown kind that looks like soy sauce not the thick gooey kind.

Tooth picks

Place thawed shrimp in a bowl cover with the teraki sauce and a small amount of syrup I like log cabin.
    Cut bacon into half’s
    Wrap shrimp in bacon, pin with tooth pick

Place on cookie sheet
    Spoon or brush the left over teraki on to each shrimp
    Bake at 350 for about 15 to 20 min may have to turn once depends.

You can substitute scallops for the shrimp cheaper! And you can put a water chestnut with each scallop also, time consuming harder to make.

Those all sound so good.

I'm lookin at a chorizo & cheese stuffed jalapeno wrapped in bacon too.

* ya scoop out the seeds and membrane and the peppers aren't hot, but have a little zip depending on the spiciness of the chorizo.*

I'm going to try all the others for sure, I have a whole Summer coming up!!
    WHOO! thanks guys and girls! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I put cream cheese and precooked shrimp in my jalapeno peppers that I do on the grill. Also, scallops wrapped in bacon are good.

Getcha a pound or two of large shrimp or prawns. Clean, devien, butterfly.

Getcha some smoked marlin. Crumble it up.

Sprinkle that smoked marlin onto the butterflyed prawns.

Close up the prawn. wrap with a slice of bacon, and skewer so it stays together,

Grill 'em.

Yum! Had those on the beach in Mexico; awesome!

Now we got BACON, but reckon if we replace the prawns with crawfish and the MARLIN with some crappie it would matter! Ain't got a lot of marlin around the salt grass prairres! Plenty of crawfish and bacon! Just kiddin, sounds good!