Thread: How to Dry Pasta

How to Dry Pasta

Hi All,
    I've been making pasta with a yard sale Ronco pasta maker and freezing the pasta. But I'd like to turn the freezer off.
    So, how do you dry fresh pasta? There's egg in the recipe so I'm wondering if it can be dried and stored in a kitchen cabinet?

Thanks,
    Rich in NJ

Re: How to Dry Pasta

Well, it looks like no one is going to post an answer. I don't know the correct answer, but that's never stopped me before! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I say to put the fresh pasta out in the sun to dry. If the flies land on it, don't assume that's pepper now on the pasta.

There you have it: advice. Not good advice, but advice.

Thanks - I've since spoke to a woman who grew up in Italy and makes her own pasta. She says it's fine to air dry and store egg pasta for a couple of months at room temps.

Rich

Whadyaknow? I was right! Did she mention the fly business? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

When I dry pasta I spread out newspapers over the kitchen table, and cabinets, the spread out the pasta to dry. I lightly flour them so they don't stick. Assuming your dog is not shedding to bad and the flies are outside in a couple of hours, you can turn it over to dry and the other side. If I am making a long noodle, I hang them on rods on a rack.

It's just amazing what ya can learn here..

Anyone got a goodd recipe for egg foo young they've tried??
    I can't get the gravy to taste right. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]