Thread: What do I do with??

What do I do with??

Don't really know if this is right thread for this question but here goes and don't say ebay for answer, PLEASE! As my m-n-Law cleared her home out for retirement I was left with about 300 LP albums form the 50's, 60's and 70's! and about 4 huge boxes of books! Was wondering if there is any value to these items! HAVE looked on interent & ebay for albums but haven't found any info! I've took books/mags to library before but also found piles and piles of books in librarys trash dumpster! Is there a easy solution without trashing them or isthat answer?

Re: What do I do with??

I guarantee you that some where in Houston there is a used book/cd/record store that will buy them. You will not get much but makes you feel better than throwing them away. An alternate place is a dealer i none of the antique malls.

Thanks JimBrown, did hear a big book store on west side bought books but haven't found anything on albums! Look there are some Marty Robbins and Elvis in these records! Those can't JUST BE TOSSED! Will check malls as YOU suggest! Thanks again! r [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Also, check with your local colleges.
    Some of the music departments use them.

Most are tax-deductable.

I donated about 75 of mine to our local college.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Thanks will look into that too!

Check out the Yellow Pages for used book stores. Some of them buy and sell records, too. You also might consider donating them to a charitable organization that sells items to support itself.

Please bear in mind that most stores won't buy them if they're not in really good condition. If the books are dirty, torn, falling apart, etc., you may as well throw them out. The records, too, need to be in excellent shape. Otherwise, your problem (the stuff you want to get rid of) would too easily become someone else's problem (stuff they can't get rid of). I'm speaking from the perspective of a former bookstore owner and a library employee.

Good luck!

Thanks Hondo, some good thoughts! BTW, what region are YOU from! I'm in SE TEXAS!

I split my time between Austin and the hill country in Medina County, just north of Hondo. I have to admit that I'm a bit tired of Austin...

Two weeks ago I had the pleasure? of taking I 35 through Austin on a Friday Afternoon, while trying to drive to Kansas. It took just short of forever to get through it. That town needs a bypass for travelers who do not relish spending hours in town.

Hondo. top of the morning 2 U! Sounds like U living my dream! Really love that Part of the country but never HAD 2 stay there! Over here, how many pine trees can U look at and see much difference! But am attached to wifey since she's put up with me for 26+ yrs and can't see her in HouTex & me in Gods country w/o her! But it is a thought! Have a great day, & driving thro Austin on a Friday afternoon, yuk! I'd imagine cause I've been at 610 west and I-10 at that time!!!