Thread: Horse boarding? help!

Horse boarding? help!

I need help finding a boarding facility that i can afford that is also near my house. I live in Denton near the state school. I have been looking for horse for the past few months and realized that i can't buy a horse untill I find a place to keep it. my ideal stable would have stall or pasture boarding, aren(s), maybe have nearby trail rinding and be under $200 a month. My ideal horse would be a paint, quarter horse, appaloosa, thoroughbred, tennessee walker, or morgan, 15 hands to 16.2 hands, 4 to 15 years old and ridden western. I am an experienced rider and have ridden arabian racehorses most of the time. I would like to do a lot of different things like trail riding, the occasional playday or exhibition, arena work, competitive trail riding and just havin fun. color doesn't matter mare, gelding, very calm stallion maybe. if you have any info about a stable please email me at Horselover_124@yahoo.com. if the email is about a horse please give me a description of the horse and its general job and pictures would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much for your help. <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color>

Re: Horse boarding? help!

im assuming your talking about denton texas?

When you say Arabian Racehorses do you mean endurance riding?

Also, though it’s my opinion, doing lots of different things with your horse is good for both of you, if I had a discipline I was most interested in I would look for a horse that tends to be suited, by breed to be good at it.

Not sure what the boarding rates are where you are looking ($200/month?) but in our area its almost always $300+ for a stall and most places are that much for pasture board.

Good luck and post pictures of your horse when you get one.
    Mark

thanks for your replies! When i said arabian racehorses i ment retraining arabians that had just come off the track to be pleasure horses, playday horses, trail horses, that sort or thing. the nomal rate around here is about 300 a month. And yes i ment denton sorry if i confused any of you about that. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well good for you! I think thats great that you are taking a horse off the track and trying to give it a second life. Being an average race horse is, most of the time, a pretty rough life.

Are there any Arab rescue groups that might help you find a reasonable place? I have some friends that love Arabs and they seem to be a very close knit group. Just a thought.

Mark

well i don't know of any specific to arabians but i would guess there are some out there. i love the breed to death but i have taken about 10 to many falls and have developed back problems so i was looking more for a more quiet breed until my back can recover a little and gain some strength before i go back into training again. i don't know why i didn't mention it before in my main letter. <font color="red"> </font color> <font color="black"> </font color> I have found a boarding place that is about twenty minutes from my house and i think its gonna work out pretty well. its not a well known place bcause it is just starting out and looks promising. so of anyone has information about a horse that would be great. don't think i put a price range with the description of the horse i would like in my main letter, right now i can afford at most $1500 i know its not a lot to go on but i am hoping to find a the right horse for me with that so any info or if you knoww anyone that is selling a horse like that in my price range that would be great. thanks so much for your help and replies!

i live in hunt county between greenville and sulphur springs. you can find some good deals out this way. i bought a good horse for $175.00 and sold him a year later for $1200.00
    i know a guy that has one for $950.00 thats about 15yrs old but he is supposed to be for an advanced rider so he might be a little roudy. but this is a better area to look than denton county by far. look in hunt, hopkins, and wood counties.